mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Here we are already in the money. I just got at this table for 5 hands so his stats are not that accurate VPIP 20 PFR 20

I played it more passively because I probably got emotional :eek: when I saw he is a EPT winner. Don't know why but I did...played before with WCOOP winners and SCOOP and even Pro at the tables.

Do you guys fold the turn? And like I played should I bet the river?

pokerstars - 1750/3500 Ante 450 NL (8 max) - Holdem - 8 players

SB: 127,153 (36.3 bb)
BB: 101,255 (28.9 bb)
UTG: 242,366 (69.2 bb)
UTG+1: 75,815 (21.7 bb)
MP: 104,535 (29.9 bb)
MP+1: 10,086 (2.9 bb)
Hero (CO): 107,223 (30.6 bb)
BTN: 246,396 (70.4 bb)

8 players post ante of 450, SB posts 1,750, BB posts 3,500

Pre Flop: (pot: 8,850) Hero has :8h4: :ah4:
4 folds, Hero raises to 8,050, 2 folds, BB calls 4,550

Flop: (21,450, 2 players) :7h4: :7d4: :4c4:
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (21,450, 2 players) :6d4:
BB bets 6,435, Hero calls 6,435

River: (34,320, 2 players) :as4:
BB checks, Hero checks

Results: 34,320 pot (0 rake)
Final Board: :7h4: :7d4: :4c4: :6d4: :as4:

BB shows :8c4: :10c4:: (One Pair, Sevens)
(Pre 32%, Flop 20%, Turn 20%)

Hero shows :8h4: :ah4:: (Two Pair, Aces and Sevens)
(Pre 68%, Flop 80%, Turn 80%)

Hero wins 34,320

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open, sizing looks good.

Flop
A small C-bet would be fine, checking back is also fine, since you definitely have some showdown value with A8 high. Against a good player I kind of like checking back, since I dont want to end up in a situation, where I over C-bet and get exploited for it.

Turn
Crystal clear call. Part of the whole reason for checking back some hands with showdown value on the flop is to have hands, that can call a turn bet and try to catch a bluff. A8 is a fine candidate for this and even more so, when you picked up a gutshot.

River
When he check to you, I think, you have the best hand the majority of the time, but the question is, do you want to go for value? Obviously betting will allow him to check-raise, and facing that action with just top pair meh kicker would suck. But even so I still like to put out a small value bet here. He can definitely have some hands like 6X, 55 etc. that might pay you off, and should the check-raise happen, then you just need to make a decision.

Results
So he had a busted draw, and obviously he would not have called with that. But I still think, not betting the river for value is a little bit to passive and leaving some value on the table. Its not a big deal though, and if you are against a really tough opponent, it can be ok to play for a bit of pot control and get yourself to showdown rather than risk being put in a spot, where you might end up making a much bigger mistake.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open, sizing looks good.

Flop
A small C-bet would be fine, checking back is also fine, since you definitely have some showdown value with A8 high. Against a good player I kind of like checking back, since I dont want to end up in a situation, where I over C-bet and get exploited for it.

Turn
Crystal clear call. Part of the whole reason for checking back some hands with showdown value on the flop is to have hands, that can call a turn bet and try to catch a bluff. A8 is a fine candidate for this and even more so, when you picked up a gutshot.

River
When he check to you, I think, you have the best hand the majority of the time, but the question is, do you want to go for value? Obviously betting will allow him to check-raise, and facing that action with just top pair meh kicker would suck. But even so I still like to put out a small value bet here. He can definitely have some hands like 6X, 55 etc. that might pay you off, and should the check-raise happen, then you just need to make a decision.

Results
So he had a busted draw, and obviously he would not have called with that. But I still think, not betting the river for value is a little bit to passive and leaving some value on the table. Its not a big deal though, and if you are against a really tough opponent, it can be ok to play for a bit of pot control and get yourself to showdown rather than risk being put in a spot, where you might end up making a much bigger mistake.

All good points

On the river we need to be thinking about our V's skill level here. We have to assume it is advanced. Vs an advanced player if we do not polarize our river bet they will assume we are capped here and can easily XR shove or fold.
That puts us in a terrible spot on the river if we bet small no value to be gotten only our stack to risk.

Hope this helps
:):)

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Guys do we cbet those flops every time from this positions? I mean here it is a good spot for cbetting because we have 2 over cards and a backdoor FD. I am asking because I am not the player who wants to cbet 100%. What is the % you would go? A small cbet 25-33 is asking for check raises LOL.Your opinion on that?

Say we go small on the flop and the BB check raises us , do we flat? 8 it's not a good card right? we block his bluffing range. I am confused. :p

Nice spot!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guys do we cbet those flops every time from this positions? I mean here it is a good spot for cbetting because we have 2 over cards and a backdoor FD. I am asking because I am not the player who wants to cbet 100%. What is the % you would go? A small cbet 25-33 is asking for check raises LOL.Your opinion on that?

Say we go small on the flop and the BB check raises us , do we flat? 8 it's not a good card right? we block his bluffing range. I am confused. :p

Nice spot!

Against players, who are playing a straigth forward fit or fold game, this is a good flop to C-bet, because they have rarely connected. However against players, who will fight back at us, because they understand, we have also rarely connected, then we definitely dont want to C-bet everything and be put in a lot of tough spots.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Nice spot!

Thank you for posting

The factors effecting our flop action are

1 Stack depth
2 Villain skill level
3 Our skill level
4 Range Advantage
5 Nut Advantage

1 If we lead the BB can XR flop and when they do they put our stack at risk.
2 This V is good enough to put their stack in as a bluff and with the nuts-they know the GTO ranges well better than we do.
3 We are not skilled enough at this point to know the highest EV plays. Therefore we play our hand in a basic manner. the two choices are bet fold and check to realize equity. As we have the A and the back door flush- back door straight-both will crack trips- checking here is better.
4 We have the range advantage We have all the over pairs- BB has no over pairs GTO
88-TT is shoving pre JJ-AA is 3 betting.
5 Nut Advantage GTO we have a lot of combos of 7x but so does the BB. What that means is we will be betting with over pairs and 7x here so if we include the A8s in our bet range we are betting too much of our range on this flop.

Hope this helps
:):):)

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Thank you both guys for your answers , @eetenor , very good and valuable points especially no 4. We expect different reactions by a good opponent based on the strength of his hand.

Helpful post! :)

Winner Poker