$11 NLHE: flopped wheel vs. shove and flat call on 3 suit board...

BrentD22

BrentD22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$11 NL HE: flopped wheel vs. shove and flat call on 3 suit board...

full tilt poker $4,000 Guarantee (Cashout) No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t100 Blinds - 6 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

MP: t2850 M = 19
CO: t5030 M = 33.53
BTN: t1005 M = 6.70
SB: t5265 M = 35.10
Hero (BB): t9656 M = 64.37
UTG: t8660 M = 57.73

Pre Flop: (t150) Hero is BB with A
spade.gif
club.gif

3 folds, BTN calls t100, SB calls t50, Hero checks

Flop: (t300) 4
club.gif
club.gif
club.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t200, BTN raises to t905 all in, SB calls t905, Hero raises to t9556 all in, SB calls t4260 all in

Turn: (t11535) T
club.gif
(3 players - 3 are all in)

River: (t11535) 6
diamond.gif
(3 players - 3 are all in)

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on player reads, but assuming they aren't total donks... if it were HU against the BB with only 10bb effective stacks, I'm fine with the call. Without stats it's hard to figure ranges, but open limping with 10bb OTB it looks like he may be trapping with AA/KK, floating a small pp that flopped a set (though I'd expect a shove pre with almost any pp at 10bb/6M), or maybe high clubs that flopped a big flush/draw. Given the effective stack, I'm probably not folding much here, especially a made hand like yours.

However with the SB calling off 20% of his stack in front of you, you have to believe that he'll likely call your over shove and you'd be playing for 50bb stacks. You risk essentially swapping stacks with the SB, since you're holding a vulnerable hand on a wet board, and if another club lands (as it did on the turn) you'd almost be drawing dead to any club in their hand unless you filled your miracle sfd. You have the idiot end of both the str8 and the fd, so basically I see you with only real 2-outs to win with the str8 flush. I think it unlikely you'll hold up against both players, especially the SB. Possibly neither.

You've only invested t300 before the shove. Me, I'd be getting out of the way here to protect my massive stack as it's it's still early in the tourney. Then again I vacillate between being a nit and a spewtard, so take it with a grain of salt. ;)

BrentD22

BrentD22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Then again I vacillate between being a nit and a spewtard, so take it with a grain of salt. ;)

i do as well

As you can see I overshoved hoping a weak flush draw 7-J would fold, instead a made flush called while holding 8c6c.

i think when a non-club hits the turn I wouldn't be able to give a free card therefor I just chose to shove now vs. on the turn. I know my turn bet wouldn't be all-in, but if villan stks I will be commited at that point. Shoving now I felt would give me more value over AcX.

I value owned myself!