£11 NLHE Deep Stacked: Pocket 10s against a donk maniac.

D

Dion

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
£11 NL HE Deep Stacked: Pocket 10s against a donk maniac.

It was an 18p. live tourney, final table, i was BB with 10,10 and had about 15 BB in chips with blinds 3000/6000. Button was an old guy, mouse type, who limped a lot but folded to a bet or raise if didn't hit the flop big, he had about the same stack as me. SB was a donk maniac who raised a lot w ATC, and often pushed OTF when connected in any way. He had me covered.

It was folded to the button who limped, maniac limped as well; I raised to 18 000, Button folded and the maniac thought for a while and called. The flop came 4,Q,J rainbow and he shoved.

What do you think is the best here - fold or call?

J

JEP712

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in this spot you can fold. If maniac raises a lot to just steal blinds then he was in a prime spot to shove on the SB. When he just limps it's very suspicious. After your preflop raise, I would put the maniac on a small PP.

This hand is hard because they're is a lot of information missing like stack sizes. Again I would just fold and pick a better spot.

B

BigThingWithHolesInIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why would you fold if you put him on a small PP? You pwn those to a crisp, so to speak. (Except 44 of course)

I agree you should fold though, with two overcards on the board. I would reckon he has paired the Q with either a T, J or K as his second card.

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With no information about stack sizes not 100% sure on the situation. But i'd probs jus stick my 15BB all-in pre-flop and try take the pot down.

D

Dion

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With no information about stack sizes not 100% sure on the situation. But i'd probs jus stick my 15BB all-in pre-flop and try take the pot down.

+1, I completely agree, the villain was calling me light as well as pushing light. Thing is, when I was pushing PF he used to fold so I decided I'd get more value if raise and then get it in, however, my biggest issue reminded of itself again - folding. Why would that dumb *** push if heh hadn't connected with the board? It's def a PF push or post flop fold.:eek:

X

Xavier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think shoving preflop is the right play there generally.

If you have 15BB that puts you on 90000 and with 18000 in the pot already preflop that is 20% of your stack, so its not really an overbet.

1010 is a pain to play postflop if overcards come on the board, which they do a high percentage of the time.