No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Bounty
Currency
$
11$ Bounty final table, I'm on second place and have QQ from CO.

Replayer link: https://mygame.mypartypokerlive.com/share/replayer?id=636a8c91453dbe672fd15ad3

UTG: 456.927 (38.1bb)
UTG+1: 445.908 (37.2bb)
LJ: 1.123.455 (93.6bb)
HJ: 220.704 (18.4bb)
CO (hero): 626.524 (52.2bb)
BTN: 209.003 (17.4bb)
SB (villain): 407.479 (34bb)
BB: 455.908 (38bb)

Pre-flop (28.500), Hero is CO :qd4::qs4:
4 player folds, Hero bets 24.000, SB raise 60.000 Hero calls 60.000

Flop (202.500) :4d4::7c4::ks4:
SB bets 48.000, Hero calls 48.000

Turn (298.500) :jh4:
SB checks, Hero bets 60.000, SB calls 60.000

River (418.500) :8h4:
SB checks, Hero checks

Hero shows: pair of Queens

SB shows: :kc4::kh4:

This was a tricky hand seeing how it went, and very lucky in my eyes that opponent hit higher card set, and I could get away from it.
I would like to know if you agree on my moves on this hand? And please, can you analise this from villains perspective as well, as I'm leaning to think that top set could left value here?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
11$ Bounty final table, I'm on second place and have QQ from CO.

Replayer link: https://mygame.mypartypokerlive.com/share/replayer?id=636a8c91453dbe672fd15ad3

UTG: 456.927 (38.1bb)
UTG+1: 445.908 (37.2bb)
LJ: 1.123.455 (93.6bb)
HJ: 220.704 (18.4bb)
CO (hero): 626.524 (52.2bb)
BTN: 209.003 (17.4bb)
SB (villain): 407.479 (34bb)
BB: 455.908 (38bb)

Pre-flop (28.500), Hero is CO :qd4::qs4:
4 player folds, Hero bets 24.000, SB raise 60.000 Hero calls 60.000

Flop (202.500) :4d4::7c4::ks4:
SB bets 48.000, Hero calls 48.000

Turn (298.500) :jh4:
SB checks, Hero bets 60.000, SB calls 60.000

River (418.500) :8h4:
SB checks, Hero checks

Hero shows: pair of Queens

SB shows: :kc4::kh4:

This was a tricky hand seeing how it went, and very lucky in my eyes that opponent hit higher card set, and I could get away from it.
I would like to know if you agree on my moves on this hand? And please, can you analise this from villains perspective as well, as I'm leaning to think that top set could left value here?
Watching replayer one step at a time-did not see results
Preflop U open raise SB 3 bets----- ICM in this spot suggests the SB can only call better hands if we jam or even raise-Is the SB ICM aware do they know to fold JJ in this spot to a 4bet of any size?
Being second in chips we really do not want to play for stacks vs an ICM correct range-We can min click back fold to the shove vs strong players
We really do not want to flat this based on ICM conditions-this is a good spot to just get this pot now but we do not want to shove if only better calls- we do not want to flip with AK-

Other factors may be at play however- recent actions by you -opening then folding etc etc

You flat- we now have to be very cautious post flop as we can bleed our stack down to be one of the shorties not a great spot at this stage of the FT
Flop sucks for us if the V shows any kind of agg we are better dumping the hand then hanging on- Both of you are stack battling with 2 shorties sub 20bb on the table- this is terrible ICM wise- you have more to lose as you cover 5 and SB covers 2 so of the two of you they can be more agg in this spot

SB leads flop you call ok one time call is ok we still have 5 covered-
V checks turn
You bet turn- check the stack sizes your bet drops you below 3 other players- this is a PKO ICM no no-

V had KK ouch

Yes KK left value here- river can never go check check- block bet river with KK 10% or 25% pot
The only hand you are betting for ICM value there is JJ or KX which they block-after they check which is also the hands you would raise a block bet with.
I know people might say what about bluffs-ICM has you fold flop a lot and not bet turn- so V should not expect enough bluffs to check river to you and if you have bluffs why not raise the block bet?

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
You were deep enough to do more than just a min-raise, but its a small detail. When he 3-bet, you are obviously not folding, but I think, QQ is strong enough to 4-bet in this late position configuration, especially when you have him covered and can win his bounty. Just calling is also ok though, especially if you think, he bluff or overplay a lot postflop.

Flop
Mandatory call.

Turn
This is the one street, where I slightly disagree with your line. Your hand is not strong enough to go after two streets of value, and it does not need any protection either. So I would check back here with the plan of calling the river, if he bet or bet if checked to.

River
I would also check back.

Results
You got away very cheaply here, and the opponent clearly left some chips on the table. I dont recommend playing top set like this.

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ICM in this spot suggests the SB can only call better hands if we jam or even raise
No shit :cool:.

-Is the SB ICM aware do they know to fold JJ in this spot to a 4bet of any size?
I hope this is a joke.

Flop sucks for us if the V shows any kind of agg we are better dumping the hand then hanging on
Agreed.

- Both of you are stack battling with 2 shorties sub 20bb on the table- this is terrible ICM wise- you have more to lose as you cover 5 and SB covers 2 so of the two of you they can be more agg in this spot
I like this one, haven't I looked before at the situation from this point of view. (y)

You bet turn- check the stack sizes your bet drops you below 3 other players- this is a PKO ICM no no-
Good one.

Yes KK left value here- river can never go check check- block bet river with KK 10% or 25% pot
The only hand you are betting for ICM value there is JJ or KX which they block-after they check which is also the hands you would raise a block bet with.
A bit slowplayed AA? AT? Axs in hearts?

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop
You were deep enough to do more than just a min-raise, but its a small detail. When he 3-bet, you are obviously not folding, but I think, QQ is strong enough to 4-bet in this late position configuration, especially when you have him covered and can win his bounty. Just calling is also ok though, especially if you think, he bluff or overplay a lot postflop.
I also like 4 bet here.

Turn
This is the one street, where I slightly disagree with your line. Your hand is not strong enough to go after two streets of value, and it does not need any protection either. So I would check back here with the plan of calling the river, if he bet or bet if checked to.
Yes.

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Regarding KK value, I would half bet the turn and probably checked the river after call.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The opponent had a top pair and leaded the betting but he was afraid of a straight, so he was limited and he checks at the turn and at the river. You could do something there with a betting, maybe he folded. You where saved with small bettings!

L

LemonadeJooe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
SK
Chips
Pre-flop,
call or shove is fine, there are only two better hands, depends on your opps. range.
Flop,
now we have only medium hand. All Kx hands beat us which are def. in sb range.
Considering 3bet,we expect sb to have at least KQs+.
SB oop. continues with aggression,
we can fold right here and be happy we got away cheap.
But considering the small raise we can call and take check/fold on following streets.

Turn,
sb slows down and tries to bait you into shoving with his monster hand.
bet here is a mistake, medium hand is not worth 2 streets of betting against any decent opp.

River,
Villain is sure you will bet for him so he can shove and get snap call.
Check is a good decision.

You got lucky his slow play didn't pay off.
However, you overvalued your medium strength hand and lost couple extra chips because of that.
Its not the end of the world.
We all get stubborn sometimes.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre flop is interesting here. There are several ways we could play this (especially if deeper than what we are here). I would probably call in game as you did since I dont want villain to fold out their 99, 1010, and JJ (not sure if JJ folds or 5 bets but its close and villain dependent) and if I did 4 bet here it would be very small and if I got 5 bet I would be leaning towards folding which really sucks when we have QQ. That thinking though makes more sense when deeper and not at 34 BBs effective where wouldnt we be comfortable going with QQ at that depth pre? I would be so I could see this played either way pre flop for many different reasons. A lot changes 34 BBs to say 90 BBs but just throwing that out there for thought. I just really dont want 1010 type hands to fold here and I think 4 betting does that unless we small.

Flop: Easy call, no reason to raise with the over card plus we dont want JJ, 1010, 99 to go anywhere.

Turn: Couldnt agree more with others that this is a check back here all day especially with this card coming out. This is a very bad card for us imo. One of the pairs we thought could 3 bet that we are targeting for value now got there and its an overcard to the other two hands we are targeting. Villain checking could be slowplaying a monster (as what actually happened and they could do this with KK or JJ) but in game I would not be thinking that and be thinking more that its a give up a play which would make we also check and try to induce a river bluff by villain. You make a tiny bet here which actually makes your hand look strong so I dont think worse hands will call this including 1010 and 99 so no reason to bet here unless you are trying to blocker bet of sorts for the river to try to make villain check to us on river (which they did which is a huge blunder by them). No reason to make them want to check to us on the river if we are thinking they are weaker here more often than not. We want the opposite and we want them to bluff at it.

River: As played no weaker hands will call, the turn call (even though it was small bet) worries me a touch and there is still an over on the board. This is an easy check back thinking there just arent any worse hands that will call outside maybe AJ but its just not enough to re-open betting in case we are wrong and are facing a strong hand (which in game at this point I still wouldnt think).

Turns out your turn bet is genius being results O but that is not the correct way to play this hand when you face this situation again. It saved you a river bet that would have been large and would have been interpreted as a bluff (at least I would) but its important always to think long term the best way to play hands when faced with the situation over time.

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see no reason to bet the turn. You did not bet enough to even make a hand like AQ fold and you risk getting check raised here. Villain made a mistake checking the turn I think. He would have easily bet 1/3 of the pot and you would have had to call. Kind of silly for him to check on the river also.