No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Bounty
Currency
$
First time ever that I play the 11$ "Bounty Builder Saturday Special" and very first hand in the tournament as well as first hand ever against this opponent. Tournament still running so wish me luck :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK working well for me again in the same tournament:

A few hands later a not so tough spot with aces:

And just like that I am second in chips for the entire tournament and already have a small profit due to collecting 4 bounties :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Had to wait two hours for the next bounty. But yeah. This is also a good way to remove yourself from a tournament. Especially when the value of your bounty is almost as large as your chip stack, which mean, you are essentially giving the opponent better than 2:1 on a call.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cowboys sending yet another one home. Sadly his stack was to short to reopen the betting against the other two players.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is, how I removed myself from the tournament. Cashing for a little over 40$ most of it from bounties.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is, how I removed myself from the tournament. Cashing for a little over 40$ most of it from bounties.

with 26 bb, it was still possible to hold on, maybe it was necessary to wait? But it's up to you, of course

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with 26 bb, it was still possible to hold on, maybe it was necessary to wait? But it's up to you, of course
In this format 75% of the price pool goes to the bounties, so there is not much value in "holding on" and getting small payjumps. It would be ok to just call with KQo, but with 2 field callers there were a lot of dead chips in the pot. So I prefer taking the aggressive route, and I am ok with the result, if I end up playing a "flip" with a hand, that is slightly ahead, like the one he had.

Last edited:
W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this format 75% of the price pool goes to the bounties, so there is not much value in "holding on" and getting small payjumps. It would be ok to just call with KQo, but with 2 field callers there were a lot of dead chips in the pot. So I prefer taking the aggressive route, and I am ok with the result, if I end up playing a "flip" with a hand, that is slightly ahead, like the one he had.
I didn't know the format, and I'm not saying that the call was bad, I'm very bad at tournaments myself;), I don't play much, what site did I play on, PS?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This opponent in the 7,5$ "hot", which is a more traditional turbo PKO, also selected to remove himself from the tournament.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't know the format, and I'm not saying that the call was bad, I'm very bad at tournaments myself;), I don't play much, what site did I play on, PS?
The jam is marginal, and in a normal MTT I would lean more towards just calling and take a multiway pot out of position. And yes its from PS. You can see that from the sympol in the left top corner of the replayer :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even in 25$ SnGs some players are doing their best to remove themselfes from the tournament.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know in game I would be just calling here but I will say even with the results I do like the jam and its something I am working on in getting better with my 20-25 BBs ish re jam game. In this spot we are looking to go up against 1 player at most and we are only afraid of multiple callers (less likely since two others had a chance to 3 bet and did not so we assume they are capped) or the one caller having QQ, KK, AA, AK, or AQ. Thats only five hands we hate seeing getting called by and we block in some way 4 out of 5 of those hands. Even when villain shows up with AJ here I'd be fine with it and how many AJs are calling there? All pocket pairs JJ and below Im fine with as well cause we flip with and a lot of those fold, even potentially JJ depending on villain and what they think of you. This in reality is a really good play unless there is something funky we dont know about calling villains or unless opening villain is super nitty. Kudos on making the play and again, its something I am working on and trying to get better at doing and recognizing.