No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Deep Stacked
Currency
$
This second hand is from the $11 "big", which run at 7.00 CET. Starting stacks is 5.000 chips with 30/15 blinds, so still fairly early in the tournament. Once again I have the rockets, open raise and get two callers. Big blind leads out on a low coordinated flop and trippel barrel. BB was playing VPIP 24 / PFR 16 over 157 hands. Bonus info about BB: Around 4 years ago this player was a regular in 16NL full ring cash games on Stars, where I had more than 10k hands on him on my HUD, and back then he was playing a straight forward TAG style. After I moved to tournaments, I have not seen him until recently, where I see him somewhat regularly in both MTTs and SnGs.

pokerstars, $9.80 + $1.20 - Hold'em No Limit - 40/80 (10 ante) - 7 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/hand-converter.php

UTG: 1,632 (20 bb)
MP (Hero): 6,490 (81 bb)
MP+1: 4,634 (58 bb)
CO: 8,022 (100 bb)
BU: 7,164 (90 bb)
SB: 4,780 (60 bb)
BB: 4,800 (60 bb)

Pre-Flop: (190) Hero is MP with A♦ A♠
1 fold, Hero raises to 200, MP+1 calls 200, 3 players fold, BB calls 120

Flop: (710) 7♦ 5♣ 4♦ (3 players)
BB bets 362, Hero calls 362, MP+1 calls 362

Turn: (1,796) K♦ (3 players)
BB bets 625, Hero calls 625, MP+1 folds

River: (3,046) 8♣ (2 players)
BB bets 1,556, MP (Hero)?

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Naaah, I would not fold here on any street, but would raise much more preflop, cause the blinds are still cheap ...

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Flop:
BBs donk bet is in line with GTO but the sizing is a little large. Of course you have to call here.

Turn:
He donks again but now slowed down from half pot to 1/3 of pot. So either he is afraid of the King, flush or both. 😅
You collected a BDFD. So while I wouldn't love this call, I might see myself calling here.

River:
Now there's a one liner to a straight and he bets half pot again.
So I would tend to fold here.

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Pre-Flop: I would definitely raise bigger here since you are so deep and at the beginning of the tournament (like you told me in some hands I would post :) at least bet 2.5BB but here I would make it 3 BB even 3.5BB)

Flop: I would re-raise him that way I can limit his range a bit and I would be happy if he folded, also to know how I stand against the MP+1 too. If he re-raise me I would fold the flop and move on. As played I really don't like just calling since you play against two players and the board is really sweaty. Just calling there I know that you keep the whole range of both players in, but on that board I don't like it :)

Turn: Now he bets 1/3 Pot so he slows down a bit. Thinking he fears that K, I would also raise here and put pressure on him. Pre-flop against a min raise and 2 opponents I would defend my BB with any 2 cards, so he might have 6x, 8x, basically any 2, and if that is true I would bet around 3000 and put myself into a position to play for the stack on the turn.

River: As played I would fold. He bets again 1/2 pot letting me know that he wants me to call, but also seems like he is betting for value.

Maybe is just me, but I like to play more aggressive and sometimes I play too aggressive. I am curios what you did in this spot.

T

tt124f

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this hand played itself all the way to the turn.
OTR, I think jam definitely worth a consideration. We block the nut flush, and V can hardly have a flush given the line he takes. He needs to first lead 56d or 89d for 1/2 pot, then somehow still downbet when hitting a flush. His hands are mostly sets, flopped str8s, or 78 river two pairs which will likely be folding facing a jam. Notice that a jam only needs to work around 40% which is very profitable in my opinion.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you everyone for your comments. Here are my own thoughts on the hand:

Preflop
I opened to 2,5BB, and I agree, I could have gone larger. A bit of button clicking going on here, since I was multitabling. I will say though, than in a somewhat higher buyin like this small open raises do tend to work better than in say a $3.3 MTT, and there were many regs at this table.

Flop
This is a very bad flop for AA, and with an SPR of almost 7 I am definitely not willing to stack off. As I wrote, the player donk betting is also a reg, and he is doing it on a board, which favour him, which mean, its not a "donky" move but actually GTO strategy. Still its to tight to fold AA right away, but raising would be an overplay. I also have a BDFD for a little bit of backup equity, when I am behind.

Turn
Flush comes in, and he bet pretty small. The player behind me is still in the hand, and if I raise here, I am turning my hand into a bluff, which I dont think makes sense at this point. On the other hand I definitely cant fold the nut flushdraw for 1/3 pot bet, so I think, this is another pretty clear call.

River
Now 6X, which was the main straightdraw, made a straight, and he bet half pot. At this point my aces have pretty much turned into dust, and I dont think, I can profitably call with a bluffcatcher, when basically all the main draws have gotten there. I thought about and turning AA into a bluff using the A of diamonds blocker. But he only had a little over 2.000 chips left, which mean, he would be getting around 4:1. I felt, this was giving him to good of a price, and that he would just snap me off with a hand like a set or a straight, which I think is most of his range at this point. So I folded, and therefore I dont know, what he had.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands