UTG: 28,540 (41 bb)
MP: 27,955 (40 bb)
MP+1: 56,688 (81 bb)
CO (Hero): 81,945 (117 bb)
BU: 58,233 (83 bb)
SB: 28,895 (41 bb)
BB: 35,141 (50 bb)

Pre-Flop: (1,645) Hero is CO with 5♦ 5♥
1 fold, MP raises to 1,400, 1 fold, Hero calls 1,400, 2 players fold, BB calls 700

Flop: (5,145) 6♠ 7♥ 2♥ (3 players)
BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets 1,544, BB raises to 4,261, MP folds, Hero calls 2,717

Turn: (13,667) A♣ (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: (13,667) 9♠ (2 players)
BB bets 11,617, CO ???

10 hand on villain no reads, on flop checking I think is also option, but all deck is almost bad for us, so I decided to small bet, mayby it was too small and it triggered my opponent. What do you think about his raising range? For me it is sets,2pairs, draws and sometimes a lot of nothing. Turn it can be scary card for me, because it hits my range more than his, so he decided to check,he can also have some Ax hearts and now he decide to pot controll. What do you think about hero calling on river?

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Seems fine to call here and basically try to setmine.

Flop
You missed your set, and even though its not the worst flop for 55, its still quite likely, you dont have the best hand. So I would check this back and basically consider it a missed setmine. If your spike a set on the turn, then you can start betting for value, but otherwise I would be in the mindset of trying to get to a cheap showdown and fold to any significant bet from either opponent. As played I guess, you have to call the checkraise getting more than 4:1.

Turn
Definitely checking back.

River
Dont see any reason to hero call with 4 overcards to your pair on the board. He can definitely take this line for value with for instance AX of hearts.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fold on the flop vs bb raise

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre: Pretty much the only logical play here is to flat. If MP folds to 3 bets often you can raise here to see if you can get better hands to fold/hands to fold that will be difficult to play against with you having 55/ keep the BB and others following out.

Flop: Completely agree with Fundiver here this is a check back spot. One is we are going against 2 others so it will fold through less often since more of a chance someone has something, second (which is related) is that we will get a lot of floats from 2 overs and we know most turns coming up can put pressure on our exact hand. We are in position here so we can check flop and float some turns if we like if we have an inkling one of the villains is bluffing. As played, I hate it when this happens which is why Im not betting on this flop. I probably fold in game even with the price as even a 4 or 8 is still a draw and only the two 5s left drastically improve my hand.

Turn: I find it odd villain checks here with the ace coming. I dont play 109s so not sure what it means. If we had the ace here I think we would still check in position to see if villain bluffs river so I would check here as well.

River: Even 98 beats you now. I can only see some KQ or KJ of hearts that would have bet flop this way that we are beating and I think most of those double barrel the turn with the ace coming so this is just a fold and move on.

B

Bird173

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yea the call pre-flop is the only thing here I agree with. As played I would definitely fold the river. I think on the flop…. I don’t hate the bet. I think I’m mixing bets and checks here. More checking than betting. (More betting if the opponents had deeper stacks.
Regardless as played in folding to that check raise.
Also when you see that pattern of raise, check, bet. Well you’ll find out your own way and I’m wrong sometimes but when I look someone up after that kind of bet pattern. Usually, they aren’t bluffing. Could be a busted draw though much more likely on a two tone flop like this one. And sure BB might have just check raised because the flop was good for his range but still I fold.

If you wanted to be real gangster and you don’t believe his check raise on the flop throw in the 3-bet. 🤟

IPlayToWin

IPlayToWin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
MD
Chips
Why you didn't fold on the flop? the turn was very bad card for you.
Even if I call the flop, then turn is A, and you played check - check, and the river is 9, and you hit the flush your.
If I was on the situation, and I called the re-raise at the flop, and check - check turn , and he raise big bet at the river I just press the fold button, becase it's very losse call.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars, $100 + $9 - Hold'em No Limit - 350/700 (85 ante) - 7 players

One hour to end of late entry.

UTG: 28,540 (41 bb)
MP: 27,955 (40 bb)
MP+1: 56,688 (81 bb)
CO (Hero): 81,945 (117 bb)
BU: 58,233 (83 bb)
SB: 28,895 (41 bb)
BB: 35,141 (50 bb)

Pre-Flop: (1,645) Hero is CO with 5♦ 5♥
1 fold, MP raises to 1,400, 1 fold, Hero calls 1,400, 2 players fold, BB calls 700

Flop: (5,145) 6♠ 7♥ 2♥ (3 players)
BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets 1,544, BB raises to 4,261, MP folds, Hero calls 2,717

Turn: (13,667) A♣ (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: (13,667) 9♠ (2 players)
BB bets 11,617, CO ???

10 hand on villain no reads, on flop checking I think is also option, but all deck is almost bad for us, so I decided to small bet, mayby it was too small and it triggered my opponent. What do you think about his raising range? For me it is sets,2pairs, draws and sometimes a lot of nothing. Turn it can be scary card for me, because it hits my range more than his, so he decided to check,he can also have some Ax hearts and now he decide to pot controll. What do you think about hero calling on river?
I like the bet not the size -Think about what pairs we are flatting in this spot all of them need more protection from an MP float- then we have a draw heavy board which the BB hits and now can make an easy call with gut shots back doors etc
Add in the trigger effect and how poorly our hand improves and the bet is just too small
Even our sets 22 66 want to bet bigger here 3 way -

The issue with calling the XR is board clarity on turn and river and having to make a hero call when V might be turning a better hand into a bluff - we are also blocking a heart so 54hh is not there nore 85hh etc etc