Bu raises 2,1bb, sb calls 60bb stack calls, hero JcTc 60bb calls

Flop 8s 3h Td (7,3 bb pot)
2x check, Bu bets 1,8bb, sb calls, hero raises 7,9bb, Bu calls, sb folds

Turn Ah (24,9bb pot)

2x checks

River Ad

???

45 bb remaining

1. How do you play this hand? 3 bets pre one of options.
2. On flop I raised because this sizing looked ridiculous.
3. What do you do on turn? I slowed down, because of A, should I keep barreling, with what sizing if anwser is yes. If I checked, and he bets should I be sticky?
4. Do you, thin value bet on river? Villain hand looks like 8x, or some pocket pair. I have problem with thin value betting on river, especially, in tourneys, with such big buyin (it was from satelite)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard defend.

Flop
Often its a bit of an overplay to raise the flop with top pair, but in this case I think, it might be just fine. The theory behind it is, that the more people "downbet", the more you are allowed to check-raise, because you cant always allow the preflop raiser to see all 5 cards for such a small bet. It is close though, since you dont have the best kicker. AT is probably more of a slam-dunk check-raise than JT.

Turn
Checking seems completely fine. If you go check-raise, bet, bet, its difficult to see many worse hands continue, so you would essentially be turning your hand into a bluff. The intention is to call, if he bet, but luckily he check back.

River
The viable lines here are to make a small block bet or go for a check-call to induce bluffs from busted draws. Both lines have merit, and against good players you should mix it up to be more unpredictable. Having a J block some busted draws, so maybe the block bet is slightly better with this particular hand. If he has you beat, he is likely going to bet for value if checked to, so you are losing that river bet anyway.

RidaPKR

RidaPKR

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
In this hand, the most problematic point for me is the check-raise out of position in a multiway pot especially when SB calls the bet on the flop.
It's ambitious to want to snatch the pot on the flop with just badly kicked top pair in a raised and multiway pot.
On the turn, we are in trouble with this AS which is in the villain range. If you decide to bluff on the flop, you have to continue turn representing a strong hand like 88, 33 or T8. When you check turn, you lack credibility.
IMO, the best line to play top pair multiway in a raised pot when you're not the initial raiser is to check-call to keep any villain bluffs. When the AS falls on the turn and we find ourselves with Middle pair, we can call and fold on a river bet.