$100 NLHE STT: Did I play this correctly?

C

CupOfSalt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did I play this correctly? Even though I won and got max value, of course results don't always dictate correct play. I know my reasonings and why I played the hand the way I did, but I'm curious to hear some of the better player's on here analysis of the hand.

pokerstars - Hold'em Tournament - $25/50 Blinds - 3 Players
Hand Converter by Pokerhand.org

thomlin (SB): $6,123
cupofsalt (BB): $5,872
sieglind (BTN): $1,505

Pre-flop: Dealt to cupofsalt 6 K
sieglind calls $50, (1 folds), cupofsalt checks

Flop: ($125) 7 6 6 (2 Players)
cupofsalt checks, sieglind bets $50, cupofsalt calls $50

Turn: ($225) 5 (2 Players)
cupofsalt checks, sieglind bets $112, cupofsalt calls $112

River: ($449) 7 (2 Players)
cupofsalt checks, sieglind bets $224, cupofsalt raises to $5,660 and is all-in, sieglind calls $1,069 and is all-in, cupofsalt returns $4,367
cupofsalt Showed 6 K
sieglind Showed 5 A
cupofsalt wins $3,035 with a full house, Sixes full of Sevens

Last edited:
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
obviously if he's aggro then letting him check is a great idea. But we run the risk of him checking back rivers, so i would just c/r the turn or possibly lead the turn depending how aggressive this player is. By C/r the turn we rule out the possibility of them being able to check back rivers (which is definitely what this player should have done, it was a really retarded bet/call considering we don't have a value hand and only have a bluff catching/showdown type hand.

If he's more of a passive then betting flop/turn has more merit, as he will check back way more often.

C

CupOfSalt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
obviously if he's aggro then letting him check is a great idea. But we run the risk of him checking back rivers, so i would just c/r the turn or possibly lead the turn depending how aggressive this player is. By C/r the turn we rule out the possibility of them being able to check back rivers (which is definitely what this player should have done, it was a really retarded bet/call considering we don't have a value hand and only have a bluff catching/showdown type hand.

If he's more of a passive then betting flop/turn has more merit, as he will check back way more often.

Yeah he was very aggressive which is why I opted to let him bluff at it. I didn't want to check raise the turn because I thought I might lose him because it really looks like I'm trying to protect a 6.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seems fine then, i really hate checking the river, but if he's aggro enough then it's obviously the best way to extract value from his entire range.