$100 NL HE MTT: Correct way to handle a maniac with TT?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously the opponent was quite out of line here cold 4-betting ATo against an UTG open and a 3-bet. But with that being said a 10% 3-bet is not that high. So the question here is, if you acted on a good read, or if you just got lucky and ran into the absolute bottom of his range? Also TT is often just called against an UTG open rather than 3-bet. So all in all I am not completely loving this hand, although it ended up working out for you.

BigKulpPoker

BigKulpPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Obviously the opponent was quite out of line here cold 4-betting ATo against an UTG open and a 3-bet. But with that being said a 10% 3-bet is not that high. So the question here is, if you acted on a good read, or if you just got lucky and ran into the absolute bottom of his range? Also TT is often just called against an UTG open rather than 3-bet. So all in all I am not completely loving this hand, although it ended up working out for you.
Trtenntenet

I wasn't going to keep folding every open because he 3bets and 4 bets it. How often do you actually get a hand better than TT?
Oddly enough, just 53% against top 10% of hands, so it is thin.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre-flop all-in with A.10o was an interesting move from the opponent. In my opinion, this game would only have made sense if the table image was a strong tighter player, because with a manic player image it really made no sense.
I would have accepted the call with TT pair if I knew that the opponent was a maniac, if it was tighter I would have accepted this half-bluff and folded my hand pre-flop.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3bet QQ mix JJ imo. n and loads of bluffs instead of tt
against 4b you are absolutely toasted there
Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands