$10 PL O 6-max: line check

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 68/16/20

I bet the river hoping for calls from bare trips and overpairs, didn't think a lot of fh's were in his range - but when I got raised I assumed I was beat.

Is c/c flop bad?

Is b/f river bad? What's the best way to play the river as played to that point in the hand?

poker stars $0.05/$0.10 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 5 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/451317
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

CO: $22.70
BTN: $2.20
Hero (SB): $10.00
BB: $14.90
UTG: $16.75

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with 5d 7s 6d 4h
1 fold, CO raises to $0.35, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.30, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.80) 4c 9d 5h (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

Turn: ($2.40) 9c (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($2.40) 3d (2 players)
Hero bets $1.50, CO raises to $5, Hero folds

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, I think the C/C on the flop is ok. You do have 2 pair and he most likely has an overpair but there are so many cards that will come on later streets that kill your hand. On the river, I probably treat this as another C/C because I really do not see an overpair calling on the river and a 9 is not a huge huge part of his range. But he will be bluffing a lot me thinks which makes C/C have some value. test

Last edited by a moderator:
Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea, I think the C/C on the flop is ok. You do have 2 pair and he most likely has an overpair but there are so many cards that will come on later streets that kill your hand. On the river, I probably treat this as another C/C because I really do not see an overpair calling on the river and a 9 is not a huge huge part of his range. But he will be bluffing a lot me thinks which makes C/C have some value.

Against this type of villain I might have bet a bit smaller with the intention of calling a raise...maybe (and only against this type)... That is *unless* he *only* raises the nuts (or close to it..in this cause a full house). Based on his aggression factor I'm guessing he will make this play with less. I actually think he will have a straight more often than a boat here unless he caught 3's full on the river. I also have little doubt he'd do this with A2 and 26 as well as 67 and maybe trips but that's less likely. Yes you will run into random boats sometimes but me... I still think a straight is more likely here, in part cause he raised instead of limped... there are almost no good hands with a 9 and a 3/4/5 in them. (9875 being about the best, but is he checking that on the turn? i doubt it)

So instead of a nearly full pot bet I wouldn't go any higher than half pot here... full pot really accomplishes nothing for you that a half pot bet wouldn't.

As an aside... if you do get to showdown against a villain like this and he does have something stupid like A9xx or A2xx...MAKE A NOTE and hound him until he's broke. (you can also open up against him some at that point).