$10 PL HE Deep Stacked: AK on BB against early tight player K hi flop

hunterT1000

hunterT1000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$10 PLHA Multi on tilt. hold'em round. 11 Left and 9 Pay, Most players are between 20-30k with nobody in any real danger because of the slow structure.
Table is very tight, no real action for some time.
I know very little about the villan in this one other than he hadnt been involved in any hands recently and I had no notes on him so I doubt hed been at the table long.

Stacks:
Hero BB with 16317
UTG with 29026
Sdd440 with 37961
BTN with 43063
SB with 14940

Blinds:
Site: full tilt poker
Dealt to BB:A♥ K♠
Sklansky group 2
Preflop:
UTG raises to 1,800
1 players fold.
BTN calls [1,800]
1 players fold.
Hero calls [1,200]
Total folds this street: 2
Potsize: 5700
Flop: 5♦ J♣ K♣
Hero checks
UTG bets [5,700]
1 players fold.
Hero???

Was planning to check-raise as soon as I saw the flop but his bet confused me a little. If you wanna abuse my pf play go for it but thats not the question im asking. If ud called pf checked to the guy and hed bet the pot what would you be putting him on and what would you do?

G

gary777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would put him on AK, AJ or QQ and I would shove it all.

R

rolltide32

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
he may have AK or JJ. One way you have hi the other your in trouble. It would be a tough hand to lay down. Secret option #3 is hes a donkey with a draw trying to scare you away.

JohnnyFronts

JohnnyFronts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As played I say get it in. You dont see top/top enough in tournaments to just fold it when you get there.

And I know you didnt want to hear about pf, but plz squeeze this/get it in pf shorthanded.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3-bet preflop to 6000, call shove.

hunterT1000

hunterT1000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had I 3bet Im committed to calling the shove right? that was my main thinking when flat calling pf. I hate calling my stack off with AK and prefer to see a flop but I really didnt wanna see that flop... villan had KK! Thought I was gonna pull off a miricle suckout when an ace hit the turn but it wasnt to be.

Major cooler or just plain silly?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had I 3bet Im committed to calling the shove right? that was my main thinking when flat calling pf. I hate calling my stack off with AK and prefer to see a flop but I really didnt wanna see that flop... villan had KK! Thought I was gonna pull off a miricle suckout when an ace hit the turn but it wasnt to be.

Major cooler or just plain silly?
The problem with seeing a flop is that its difficult to get worse hands to pay you, and playing out of position with no initiative sucks pretty bad.

If you think this player is tight enough to only raise stacking hands UTG, then I'd just fold this pre. But if he raises stuff like KQ, AQ, ect. (which most people do) then I think I'd 3-bet for value (because no one folds to 3-bets these days). So since you didn't say he was a 5% VPIP UTG, my standard line would be to 3-bet and call it off.