$10 NLHE STT: big blinds Ac Qh with all heart flop...

F

Feelingflushed

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing $10 sit n go - 9 players starting with 1000 chips. Played game tight aggressive, hadn't got much in the way of cards but picked spots and built up stack of 2300. Blinds are 200 - 400 and there are 5 players remaining.
Fairly loose player with 2000 chips min raises to 800 in mid position. Everyone passes round to me and I call on the BB with Ac Qh. Everyone folds afterwards. Flop comes Kh 10h 7h. I check and he bets 650 chips. What do I do?

Thanks.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's been said above - you've got less than 6BB which means you're in shove or fold preflop territory. Personally, I shove.

As played, ship the nickels on the flop. We have to gamble at this point to try to build a stack, there's a slim chance we're actually ahead and even if we're not we've probably got somewhere between 9 and 14 outs.

F

Feelingflushed

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for responses. Yeah i knew i should have shoved pre as soon as I called - I wasn't paying attention to my blind to stack ratio. I shoved on the flop, and he turned over AK with no hearts. I didn't make the flush and went out.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A 'min-raise' (or any raise) preflop from a player w 5bb's is really suspect (aka obvious monster), but w AQ there I'm never folding. Shove pre!

K

kanselau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
totaly agree reaks of monster , but u did say the guys agressive so he could have anything
A 'min-raise' (or any raise) preflop from a player w 5bb's is really suspect (aka obvious monster), but w AQ there I'm never folding. Shove pre!

C

cheaptrix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what are all 5 players stacks and position? with 9k total chips in play the 2 of you have nearly 50% of all chips.
the other 3 players stacks and your position to those other 3 players is much needed info.

also with 6 bb's all are decisions are shove/fold pre. generally i like to be first in the pot and this players min raise screams monster!
we have no fold equity so would he do this with AJ? we definitely don't want to see anything else.

really need to know all players stacks (post HH if possible) to give better advice but i would think this is a fold and look to open shove ATC from SB or BTN.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for responses. Yeah i knew i should have shoved pre as soon as I called - I wasn't paying attention to my blind to stack ratio. I shoved on the flop, and he turned over AK with no hearts. I didn't make the flush and went out.

Really tho? Everyone at the table is ridic short and you shouldn't have been seeing flops for the last like 3 levels...