$10 NLHE Rebuy: Final table, flopped J-set, two checks before and one player behind you

A

aldare666

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
$10 NL HE Rebuy: Final table, flopped J-set, two checks before and one player behind you

You are a chip-leader (JTs), there was one-blind rise preflop, 4 players saw the flop (JJ3 rainbow), two checked and you play. What would you do with one player with medium stack behind you?

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstly, welcome to CC.
Secondly, you will elicit responses if you do the following:
1. Introduce yourself. Your first post should be in the introductions section so members can read about you and welcome you.
2. You did post your question in the correct forum, however, it is preferred that you convert your hand so that everyone can read gain more detailed information in order to give you more accurate advice.
3. Post replies and questions in other message boards to show you are truly interested in remaining a member on this forum and not just here to get some quick advice on one hand wasting members time.

A

aldare666

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for your answer. This is my first post here and sorry if I've missed something in my post. I would like to become a regular member of this site.

1. Introduce yourself. Your first post should be in the introductions section so members can read about you and welcome you.

I did it on friday - https://www.cardschat.com/forum/intros-foreign-languages-8/aldare-czech-rep-166319/

2. You did post your question in the correct forum, however, it is preferred that you convert your hand so that everyone can read gain more detailed information in order to give you more accurate advice.

That was not online play and this was the only information I did remember. I know there might be more information, but I thought it could be enough for some general thoughts.

3. Post replies and questions in other message boards to show you are truly interested in remaining a member on this forum and not just here to get some quick advice on one hand wasting members time.

Of course, I will.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Couple of questions to help us get an answer, if you can remember:

- who was the preflop raiser?
- how many players at the table?
- what are the stacks of the players who checked?

These are just a few things that should dictate how you would act here. If you are the preflop raiser, it's a close call-- I would probably make a continuation bet because generally it seems less suspicious than checking. Since the pot is multi-way and not heads-up, however, you may receive more credit for a hand from your opponents. In a vacuum, I would still bet out here.

If the player left to act here was the initial raiser, it's still a close call between checking and betting. Checking would be best if you believe the villain will make a c-bet. As in the previous situation though, since we are in a multi-way pot, he/ she may be less likely to c-bet, so it may be better to lead out ourselves. On average, I think I'd check, planning to raise a bet from the villain-- depending on the villain's stack size, and the action's of the players to act before me.

As you can see, it's dependent on a lot of information that isn't available to me :-\ Hopefully in the future, you can take notes or something in order to get a better analysis.

Good luck!

A

aldare666

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for your answer. I will try to remember more next time to provide more information for decisions.

Anyway...
Preflop raiser was the player on a left (villain).
This was 9-people table and 4 people were on the flop.
The Hero's stack was about 200% of the villain's. I somehow felt that 2 people who already checked did have nothing.

What then happened was:
Hero bets 3/4 of the pot
Villain re-raises all-in
Two folds
Hero...?

A

Aaronftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Judging by what you've said ... im guessing with a blind raise villain limped in with 33, or QJ KJ AJ. Thats the only things i see raising this flop in a live game, or even limping in late position with. I dont think id ever be raising with 33 on this flop, but im guessing from this explanation thats most likely what villain turned up with.