F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CardsChat Poker Hands Converter

The interesting point about this hand is not so much the action itself, where I called an all-in blind vs. blind on the bubble of an 18-man SnG. The interesting is, what happened afterwards, which was the loser of the hand berating me in the chat by telling me, what a bad call, I had made. The words were something like "ICM, 3BB stack" and then something derogatory, which dont need to be repeated.

And to be fair the guy was right, I did make a bad call. According to ICMizer he can jam any two, but I can only call with 99+. So A9s was way to wide given the distribution of stack sizes and the fact, it was on the bubble. But what does he actually gain by informing me about this in the chat? If I was a purely recreational player, maybe I would stop playing, because its not much fun being berated, and then his winrate will go down, because the games get tougher.

Or I will do, what I actually did, which was to say "maybe the guy is right, I should review this hand". In that way I am getting better at poker, and since we are both regulars in the same games, his winrate will also go down. Finally he inform the entire table, he is on tilt, which can make him a target in future hands. So there is literally no good outcome for him in acting like a "poker teacher" at the table, and as Blackrain79 recently said in one his videos "please just dont do this" :)

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your call was not great, especially at that stack level. You will almost always be behind. His play was just as lousy.

Earlier tonight, I opened from the small blind about 2.8x (we both had around 11-12bb I think) with JJ. The flop came 334 with 2 hearts. I jammed thinking I may get a call from A2, A4, A4, A5, 55+, and some flush draws, and I protect my hand from over cards falling. Safe board to shove right? He turns over Q3 suited and took my stack. I wanted to call him a "retard" and a "moron.," but instead I just said "Nice hand."

Later almost the same thing happened - I had JJ in the bb and the small blind limped. I raised 2.5x (stack sizes were smaller). Flop comes Qxx and I bet 50% of the pot which was also 50% of his stack. He turns over Q3 suited. Of course I wanted to tell him he is a retard and this is why he loses so much money. Instead I just said "Well done." He said "Thanks man. It was a nice flop." That was it. I was also much calmer afterwards, and I didn't poison the atmosphere of the table either. I don't think be berating him is going to make him leave or quit poker, but still what would be the point.? In these situations I will continue to say this. I feel better about myself too.