$10 NLHE Deep Stacked: what should I have done?

nutshooter

nutshooter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$10 NL HE Deep Stacked: what should I have done?

Okay so heres the deal. I am in 3rd place by a couple hundred (not that much) and in ten minutes we calling time on the game. I need to make chips and fast if I want a profit.

Im dealt KdQh: raise 3x big blind
called
Flop comes: Ac7c4s

With no time left i felt i had no choice but to go AI and try to make more than my buyin with 10 minutes left. Should i have waited out ten minutes to try to get a better hand?

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should have waited. Anything can happen in the last 10 minutes. One time i was in the situation you were in and the last hand i picked up ak and got it in the middle against qq. Got an ace on the flop and i won the pot.

Plus on the ace high board with kq if you get a call after your all in you are basically drawing dead.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We need more info to make a proper analysis:

blind levels
stack sizes
position
and reads (if any)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know what you mean by "in 10 minutes you would be calling time."

You might want to read the posting guidelines for Hand Analysis. It it better to post the hand history (most prefer it be converted but I don't care).

2_Gearzzz

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like your raise preflop but just dont go all in on that flop. If he checks, make a continuation bet hoping to take it down there. If he does call, just shut down and look for a better hand to shove

B

BIG MERV

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
u should have waited i beleive, because u were only gunna get called by a better hand. think u would have had a better oppertunity to double up in the 10 mins, medium pocket pair or sumthing. depending on how many big blinds u had, would also make a huge difference how u should have played the hand.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think playing in a game where their is no winner determined through knockouts but time determines the placings may have been your biggest mistake :rolleyes: