$10 NLHE: AA 4 x BB not enough to push out drawing hands? (yes I know it's a rebuy)

Dagon7

Dagon7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$10 NL HE: AA 4 x BB not enough to push out drawing hands? (yes I know it's a rebuy)

This is 1 of four hands that ended tournaments for me this week end.
I must be cursed, and although I don't think full tilt is rigged, I am finding the repetitive bad beats staggering to my bank roll.

full tilt poker Game #12688640433: $10 + $1 Rebuy (94315097), Table 5 - 30/60 - No Limit Hold'em - 4:08:35 ET - 2009/06/08
Seat 1: crimson boyd (8,335)
Seat 2: OG HornySticcs (1,345), is sitting out
Seat 3: Dagon7 (2,195)
Seat 4: Platinum1000 (645)
Seat 5: slowclimb (1,317)
Seat 6: quesadillas10 (2,630)
Seat 7: de-calle400 (2,695)
Seat 8: charlie008 (1,695)
Seat 9: buhula (1,178)
buhula posts the small blind of 30
crimson boyd posts the big blind of 60
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Dagon7 [Ac Ah]
OG HornySticcs folds
Dagon7 raises to 360
Platinum1000 folds
slowclimb: nh
slowclimb folds
quesadillas10 has 15 seconds left to act
slowclimb: meant to pass
quesadillas10 folds
de-calle400 calls 360
charlie008 folds
buhula folds
crimson boyd folds
*** FLOP *** [3d 5h 8h]
Dagon7 bets 1,835, and is all in
de-calle400 has 15 seconds left to act
de-calle400 calls 1,835
Dagon7 shows [Ac Ah]
de-calle400 shows [7c 8c]
*** TURN *** [3d 5h 8h] [5c]
*** RIVER *** [3d 5h 8h 5c] [8d]
Dagon7 shows two pair, Aces and Eights
de-calle400 shows a full house, Eights full of Fives
de-calle400 wins the pot (4,480) with a full house, Eights full of Fives
Dagon7: sic !$#&
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4,480 | Rake 0
Board: [3d 5h 8h 5c 8d]
Seat 1: crimson boyd (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 2: OG HornySticcs didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: Dagon7 showed [Ac Ah] and lost with two pair, Aces and Eights
Seat 4: Platinum1000 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: slowclimb didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: quesadillas10 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: de-calle400 showed [7c 8c] and won (4,480) with a full house, Eights full of Fives
Seat 8: charlie008 (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: buhula (small blind) folded before the Flop

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a bad beat. FWIW if the table seemed really loose I'd have open shoved this preflop knowing I'd get a caller or 2.

Kuberr

Kuberr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A player who's going to play 78 suited is probably a fish or just doesn't feel like playing. I think even if you raised, he might have called. And if he didn't, you get absolutely nothing. This is just really terrible luck.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You got the money in good and this is just a bad beat.

Try leaving the results off if you want meaningful analysis next time, not really a lot to say about this hand though.​

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
oops​

Last edited:
Dagon7

Dagon7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You got the money in good and this is just a bad beat.

Try leaving the results off if you want meaningful analysis next time, not really a lot to say about this hand though.​

Sry first couple of posts in the section, I will try to edit the hand down to relative info without results next time as I very much see your point, and do want to know how I can improve. When I don't really see how I could play a hand any different, it's nice to see others perspective:)

V

vpb0i

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing you can do, just got unlucky, just a terrible play with 78 suited calling 6x raise.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nothing you can do, just got unlucky, just a terrible play with 78 suited calling 6x raise.

It's certainly risky but it's not that terrible during a rebuy period, where you can get paid off big if you hit a hand because everyone is betting and pushing light.

G

grvicious

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its a rebuy and things like this happen. this was completely a bad beat and i have no clue why you made a thread about it

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you could have shoved all in and he may have still called.

either way you got your money in good, you got exactly what you wanted on the flop...you wanted him to hit top pair with draw options....just got unlucky by the dam river.

R

RhiNy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beat, in my opinion, you played it great... he just sucked out.

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take it you didn't realize what you were getting yourself into. If your initial buy in is all you were looking to invest in this event, seek life elsewhere. Be prepared to re buy up to 5 times. On top of that, yhe add on option may very7 well be as a strong consideration as well.
You might want to look for events which prevent free fish stalkers from out drawing you with a safety net - the dreaded rebuy. Single elimination tournaments suit me well at mid level stakes. I'd prefer the the Full Tilt Double Deuce $22 single elimination along with the $750,000 guarantee.

J

josh_dei8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played it like you needed to play it, unfortunately you were in the rebuy and people play these too much like freerolls, shoving with ATC

I

IMNER

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with most comments, it's just a bad beat. However, I'm not into a lot of rebuys, it becomes costly, you are lower stacked, which forces you into loose play and then need to get lucky just to get back to the averages. This is especially true in speed rebuy satelites.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you have to understand is that LONG-TERM, this is an exceptionally profitable play for you, and this guy is handing you tons of tournament equity here, so be glad for it.

The thing is you overbet the pot, which is a mistake. Bet half pot and get the rest in on the turn. Don't be afraid of getting sucked out on, what you want is for the other guy to put money in because that's money he's lost. Don't try to fold out worse hands here.

V

viking999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wanted to point out that your play would probably be bad in a non-rebuy tournament or versus a good player. You're putting in so much more than the pot on the flop, that you're pricing out almost all of hands that you beat if the opponent is playing rationally. I'm not saying it's a bad play, but it is only good in spots where you know your opponent is a loose idiot.

KoRnholio

KoRnholio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep nothing you can do there. If you aren't willing to spend 4-5x the buyin for the rebuy, just stick to freezeouts. You just have to accept that many players in the rebuy period are there to just gamble a few buyins to see how big of a stack they can get.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands