$10 NL HE STT: The art of removing yourself from the tournament hand 2 - AK in a 3-bet pot

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Joined
Jun 3, 2019
Total posts
13,698
Awards
1
Chips
349
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
STT
Buy-in
10
Game Options
  1. Turbo
Currency
$
This opponent in a 10$ Fifty/50 also wasted no time removing himself from the tournament in the very first hand. Also not an easy man to bluff :)

 
Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Joined
Dec 3, 2022
Total posts
361
Awards
1
AT
Chips
250
Oh. I thought with a buy-in of $10, that's not how free-rolling gabmling is played in the first hands?
It's wonderful, of course, when your own stack can be doubled in this way without any problems.
However, I wonder what you would have done if the opponent on the turn had made an all-in-shove as a result of the second 4?
 
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Joined
Jun 3, 2019
Total posts
13,698
Awards
1
Chips
349
However, I wonder what you would have done if the opponent on the turn had made an all-in-shove as a result of the second 4?
Not many hands with a 4 in them open UTG and then call a 3-bet out of position. So I would have beat him into the pot :)
 
Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Joined
Dec 4, 2017
Total posts
2,537
Awards
3
BR
Chips
373
This opponent in a 10$ Fifty/50 also wasted no time removing himself from the tournament in the very first hand. Also not an easy man to bluff :)

Nice hand man. I know nothing about tournaments but the very basics. Your villain, as you stated, not an easy man to bluff was leveling against you, I assume because he saw/knew you are a solid player and elected to level up against you.
Maybe villain is a very good player but had shown a fatal weakness: let the ego speaks instead of rational behavior. So villain led itself out of the tournament for pure pride.
Being aware of the basics I would’ve folded baby pocket pairs 80% of times in the first level (from EP) and if I decided to play the rest of 20%, I wouldn’t have called a 3-bet, and if I go postflop I would be folding more than a gazelle running away from a tiger.
In villain’s place I would be aware you are a regular player, a solid rock, and would avoid playing against your range. Well played mate, bad for him and good for you.
 
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Joined
Jun 3, 2019
Total posts
13,698
Awards
1
Chips
349
Being aware of the basics I would’ve folded baby pocket pairs 80% of times in the first level (from EP) and if I decided to play the rest of 20%, I wouldn’t have called a 3-bet
The open is fine, but facing a 3-bet 66 is an easy fold, when you opened UTG and dont have enough stack depth to setmine in a 3-bet pot. It sucks to get 3-bet in the very first hand, but losing 4% of your chips is not a big deal :)
 
Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands
Top