bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Full Tilt, $1 + $0.20 PL Omaha Tournament, 40/80 Blinds, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Villain hasn't been in many hands. I put him on a very narrow range, ie, high pair or high wrap.

CO: 950
BTN: 3,500
SB: 2,499
BB: 3,097
Hero (UTG): 2,975
MP: 479

Pre-Flop: (120) K
club.gif
J
club.gif
spadenormal.gif
K
spadenormal.gif
dealt to Hero (UTG)
Hero raises to 240, 2 folds, BTN raises to 840, 2 folds, Hero calls 600

Flop: (1,800) 6
spadenormal.gif
T
spadenormal.gif
heartnormal.gif
(2 Players)
Hero ?

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Villain hasn't been in many hands. I put him on a very narrow range, ie, high pair or high wrap.

club.gif
J
club.gif
spadenormal.gif
K
spadenormal.gif
dealt to Hero (UTG)

spadenormal.gif
T
spadenormal.gif
heartnormal.gif
(2 Players)
Hero ?

If it's a high pair, do you think it's pretty much AAxx, I don't think QQxx is 3betting this early in the tourney?

We're ahead of the wrap and behind AAxx. Our equity against AAxx, 4 broadway cards is a little less than 40% - if we think his range includes KKxx and QQxx, we're a 58% favorite.

I'm inclined to the 40% equity range (i.e., I'm not counting on KKxx or QQxx to be in his range). Nonetheless, I'm pretty happy to gamble here and play for stacks since we've got almost a third of our stack in the pot already (starting stack is 3k i assume?), and I don't particularly want to see a broadway card on the turn. Not keen on c/r or c/c, we should have some FE against big wraps by leading out w 1000 w the intent of calling a shove.

But I'm not unhappy to bust out of tourneys on early levels, and I only dabble in MTT's, so...

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually thought he had AA. QQ from him was a very slim possibility.

spadenormal.gif
T
spadenormal.gif
heartnormal.gif
(2 Players)
Hero bets 1,800, BTN raises to 2,660 and is All-In

This is what had me worried about him having the 6.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Serious bummer, and there are more hands we have a problem w than just a 6. Can't fold, though, can we?

If we go w our read pf when we called the 3bet, I still think this is played correctly - the only point in the hand it makes sense to not play this aggressively is to fold to the 3bet pf, which seems pretty weak.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My thoughts exactly. This was a tricky hand. I lucked out here on the river and dodged a major bullet. But I was right on my reads here. The villain came back from his hit and I finally faced him heads up. My notes and reads helped take him down.

club.gif
J
club.gif
spadenormal.gif
K
spadenormal.gif
dealt to Hero (UTG)

spadenormal.gif
T
spadenormal.gif
heartnormal.gif
(2 Players)
Hero bets 1,800, BTN raises to 2,660 and is All-In, Hero calls 335 and is All-In

Turn: (6,070) 9
spadenormal.gif
(2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: (6,070) K
diamond.gif
(2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 6,070 Pot
BTN showed 2
spadenormal.gif
A
spadenormal.gif
spadenormal.gif
A
club.gif
and LOST (-2,975 NET)

Hero showed K
club.gif
J
club.gif
spadenormal.gif
K
spadenormal.gif
and WON 6,070 (+3,095 NET)

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain hasn't been in many hands. I put him on a very narrow range

Fold pre then.

As played, you 100% have to get it in on this flop, but i'd c/r all in, since by donking, you are allowing him to fold his akqj type hands that will fold to a donk bet

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold pre then.

As played, you 100% have to get it in on this flop,

You would fold this hand pre? What is your reasoning for this? On the flop I did get it in. It was PL.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because you said he is a really tight player who 3bet, therefore his range is basically kkxx, aaxx and maybe akqj and you have plently of chips to fold and wait for a better spot, since this spot is really ugly.

ffs, yes i am aware that you got it in, but i wasn't being results orientated and was commentating on the initial post, where you cut the action at the flop, so i was stating that you need to get it in. I don't understand why you cut your quote in half, since the 2nd part is the most important on how you should be looking to get all of the chips in

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree with switch about preflop. You even said you put him on AAxx and if that is true there is no merit in calling.

G

Gato

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold pre then.

As played, you 100% have to get it in on this flop, but i'd c/r all in, since by donking, you are allowing him to fold his akqj type hands that will fold to a donk bet

I agree with this.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because you said he is a really tight player who 3bet, therefore his range is basically kkxx, aaxx and maybe akqj and you have plently of chips to fold and wait for a better spot, since this spot is really ugly.

ffs, yes i am aware that you got it in, but i wasn't being results orientated and was commentating on the initial post, where you cut the action at the flop, so i was stating that you need to get it in. I don't understand why you cut your quote in half, since the 2nd part is the most important on how you should be looking to get all of the chips in

I replied to you with the part about getting it in on the flop. I did.I'm not results oriented here with my question. What I am questioning is that even with me figuring him having AA is it worth it to call his all in with the second nut flush draw?

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I replied to you with the part about getting it in on the flop. I did.I'm not results oriented here with my question. What I am questioning is that even with me figuring him having AA is it worth it to call his all in with the second nut flush draw?

Our equity against any AAxx hand is only 34% on the flop. As played we have no choice but to call his all in on the flop, we're already pot committed.

I think part of switch's point is that this situation could be avoided by folding pf a hand very likely to be dominated postflop based on our read of Villain - if the read is that he's really that tight, there aren't a ton of flops that we're really going to like, so calling the 3bet pf is kind of yucky.

If we're thinking that whatever the flop looks like we're taking a shot at it (assuming there's no A on the flop), we might as well have shoved pf, even if we think our equity is no better than say 40%. And if we're calling pf to play fit or fold on the flop, that was a pretty big chunk of our stack to call off pf w a likely dominated hand. I have to agree w him (though I'm sure in the heat of the moment I would've shoved pf :eek: ).