Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

What should i do here?:confused:

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any reads at all on the villain? I would be 4-bet shoving preflop unless you have seen him minraise with big hands or he is stupidly tight. When we are OOP against a big stack I don't like calling so getting it in preflop will see us being called by junk like KJ and the like.

As played, we weren't the aggressor and have missed so no point in donk-betting out at a $1 tourney, check-fold.

Last edited:
J

jonny17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no reads just moved to table, i did bet and was pot committed and got re-raised all in called and he had aces.bad play all round then.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FWIW, AQo UTG is a hand I fold unless the table is respecting UTG raises. As played you probably should fold preflop to the 3-bet unless you have a read that MP1 is light 3-betting most UTG raises.

J

jonny17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for thoughts will take that on board.

N

n2kfactor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
reraise for a utg raise means AQ is beat unless this is a freeroll OR he is pure bad

L

LizzyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As played, you should fold.

Alternate strategy. AQo UTG.....fold. Way out of position on a marginal hand.

J

jonny17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok so is the genaral view not to play AQo utg at all then?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No,. .you can play it for sure.. but just be prepared to get away from if it if you think you're behind (if you get 3-bet... you're probably behind but of course depends on many things... ie. your table image, the way the table's been playing out, the guy who's 3-betting ya, etc. etc.).
A 'min-raise' preflop like this is just begging to be called,.. and will often insinuate AA or KK.
I don't know what the blinds were here, BUT I tend to raise a bit smaller than many, and from any position (unless I'm raising from the SB and am first in.. which is rare.. I'll only complete from SB with a good hand and if I'm raising I've got REAL good.. and will make the raise 3.5x -4x). Reg. raises when first in are 2.3-2.5x, This gives you the oppurtunity to disguise your hand strength, keeps you from being priced in on a hand you'd rather not call a shortstack shove with, and also opens you up to be 3-bet on your monsters. Now if you're raising all your opening hands like this, you'll be able to keep your opponents confused,.. whether it be AA or 7-9s.
For some opponents (and maybe actually for sure in the $1 mtt) you might have to raise larger preflop (some seem to want to defend their blinds,.. and even the small blind, for any price (idiots!)). If this is the case.. make 'em pay.
In a $1 mtt if I've called the min raise and whiffed the flop, I'm c/folding. Save your chips and get them in in a better spot. Sometimes winning means just 'not losing' chips.
GL on the tables!!

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ok so is the genaral view not to play AQo utg at all then?

You are in early position and thus on the flop you will only have the blinds to act before you. Now how comfortable are you going to be with AQo with a caller or 2 behind you with any flop that isn't Q high or makes broadway or is monotone in your Aces suit? Even an Axx flop will give you worries since AK will flat call an UTG raise a lot. You will find that there will be a lot more flops here that it will be wise to not make a c-bet from UTG that you would make a c-bet with if you were in LP.

Scenario 1
UTG AQo you raise 3xBB
CO calls & BTN calls
Flop is KQ4 with the K&4 same suit as your Q
How comfortable are you going to be in making a c-bet here?

Scenario 2
BTN AQo, folds to MP-2 who limps as does the CO
You raise 5xBB (3xBB+limp+limp)
BB calls, MP-2 folds, CO calls
Flop is KQ4 with the K&4 same suit as your Q
BB & CO check
How comfortable are you going to be in making a c-bet here?

Which scenario would you rather play AQo in?

C

cardsDontMatter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It may be the post or the link, but what are the blind levels at? I see you opened with 800.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It may be the post or the link, but what are the blind levels at? I see you opened with 800.

Pot before the flop = 3100
2 non-blind players at 1400 each means the blinds were 100/200

C

cardsDontMatter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pot before the flop = 3100
2 non-blind players at 1400 each means the blinds were 100/200

Oh, lol... duh.. thank you.

AS played, OP is being isolated. Range villain TT-AA, AK, AQ and value-betting.

Good cards in bad position = bleeders. Check/fold here.. don't fall for the check behind, either.

S

santa fe slim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd usually fold it. The reraise worries me a lot, and I don't personally like A-Q that much in the face of the reraise. It would depend somewhat where we are in the tourney.

K

kowboys4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to go with everyone else here. Once someone re-raises you and your with this hand UTG your beat. A K and to a lesser extent your A Q are some of the most overplayed hands in NL HE. Everyone should practive folding them more often especially post-flop.

J

jonny17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for replies makes a lot of sense now reading all this :) :) :)

S

soonerdel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as played fold. u completely missed your hand.
4 bet pre flop could have given out more info on the re raiser.

trucker103

trucker103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ace queen not solid after flop and if you play it to strong u will come up empty that hand has bitten me a lot as of late looks good but i have learned to get away from it a lot quicker than days gone by