$1 NLHE: What does the villain have? (I have two pair)

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1 NL HE: What does the villain have? (I have two pair)

Today's daily dollar, the villain was playing TAG, solid poker. He didn't bet unless he atleast paired the board or to cbet, he raised with AJ+ and pocket pairs. Just wondering if you can guess what he had exactly.

--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------

Full Tilt, 50/100 blinds NL Hold'em Tourney, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

UTG+2: 3,050 (30.5 bb)
MP1: 2,615 (26.2 bb)
MP2: 2,520 (25.2 bb)
MP3: 1,290 (12.9 bb)
CO: 2,500 (25 bb)
BTN: 5,085 (50.9 bb)
SB: 5,375 (53.8 bb)
Hero (BB): 8,455 (84.6 bb)
UTG+1: 2,630 (26.3 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with 7
diamond.gif
diamond.gif

UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls 100, 5 folds, SB raises to 200, Hero calls 100, UTG+2 calls 100

Flop: (600) T
heart.gif
heart.gif
spade.gif
(3 players)
SB bets 350, Hero raises to 800, UTG+2 folds, SB calls 450

Turn: (2,200) 8
spade.gif
(2 players)
SB bets 650, Hero calls 650

River: (3,500) K
heart.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero ???

FTP_TheNuts

FTP_TheNuts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As to what he has, just wow, he has played this so mind boggling

Check back the river though, possiby JQ? Maybe AQh?

I dunno pretty hard to put him on anything here. But i check back

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No clue what he has specifically , but I can imagine several hands that make sense to me, esp straights scared of the flush, sets that missed boats, and flushes hoping Hero bets.

Here's a slightly different exercise - 1. Name one hand that we beat that calls a 1/3 pot river bet; 2. Name all hands that call a 1/3 pot river bet; 3. Name all the hands that shove over a 1/3 pot river bet.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know what he has for sure, but I suspect that he won't call a bet with a hand that we beat very often. Betting here wouldn't be for value, it'd be as a bluff, essentially. I'd rather just check it back and conserve my chip stack.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm guessing he had something stupid like AA or AK.

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm surprised no one got it or even mentioned it as a real possibility. I figured him for it on the turn, he called my reraise on the flop, then when the 8 hit the turn and he bet out hard I just thought JJ, I reviewed it in my head for a second, I already had him on an overpair confirmed when he called my flop raise, so it made sense. The only other thing I thought it could be was like AA and he didnt want to let go of them if I had a jack.

When it came to the river he checked to me, and I didnt really think about what the third heart meant until later, I doubt even if I shoved I could have taken it from him, I checked back and he turned over JJ, I think I got away from that pretty cheaply...

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm surprised no one got it or even mentioned it as a real possibility. I figured him for it on the turn, he called my reraise on the flop, then when the 8 hit the turn and he bet out hard I just thought JJ, I reviewed it in my head for a second, I already had him on an overpair confirmed when he called my flop raise, so it made sense. The only other thing I thought it could be was like AA and he didnt want to let go of them if I had a jack.

When it came to the river he checked to me, and I didnt really think about what the third heart meant until later, I doubt even if I shoved I could have taken it from him, I checked back and he turned over JJ, I think I got away from that pretty cheaply...

Well I feel like the exact hole cards don't really matter, the point is that you were beat by 6x, Jx, two hearts, KT, K9, K8, K7, T9, T8, T7, 77-TT, KK. You beat AA, AT, AK, KQ, 87, 66-22? AA is the closest to being at all realistic, so your only option was to check back, which you correctly did.

Numbuh 0ne

Numbuh 0ne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's kinda hard to say, maybe a scared 2 pair or straight. Bottom line is thank god he checked and show it down. As previously stated I think the only thing you can beat is AA.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but I can imagine several hands that make sense to me, esp straights scared of the flush,

I'm surprised no one got it or even mentioned it as a real possibility... When it came to the river he checked to me, and I didnt really think about what the third heart meant until later, I doubt even if I shoved I could have taken it from him, I checked back and he turned over JJ, I think I got away from that pretty cheaply...

Umm, I is a winnah... ;)

cj is right, the exact hand doesn't really make a diff here, look at his range (which crushes us).

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it doesn't, still I wanted you guys to guess exactly, a lot of the ranges he could have had are unlikely due to his betting pattern... at least thats how I see it, but yeah I guess specificity doesnt really matter when two pair is crushed in so many ways...