$1 NLHE STT Deep Stacked: TT vs SB vs UTG 50bbs

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because It's 50bbs and vs UTG I choose to not make a 3bet. But I wonder if I have some kind of bluffs on this kind of spots.

pokerstars, $0.98 + $0.12 - Hold'em No Limit - 50/100 (12 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

AHAHATUMBA (UTG): 7,482 (75 bb)
spidersigmar (UTG+1): 2,856 (29 bb)
people.men (MP): 6,703 (67 bb)
jaymacca13 (MP+1): 5,952 (60 bb)
Mateus D'Ane (LP): 1,953 (20 bb)
tagii;1 (CO): 2,809 (28 bb)
Merlochess (BU): 1,825 (18 bb)
biglier666 (SB): 5,460 (55 bb)
eyesolator (BB): 4,198 (42 bb)

Pre-Flop: (258) Hero (biglier666) is SB with T T
2 players fold, people.men (MP) raises to 250, 4 players fold, biglier666 (SB) calls 200, 1 fold

Flop: (708) 9 6 K (2 players)
biglier666 (SB) checks, people.men (MP) bets 400, biglier666 (SB) calls 400

Turn: (1,508) 3 (2 players)
biglier666 (SB) checks, people.men (MP) checks

River: (1,508) 6 (2 players)

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this hand I like every move you made. I would play exactly the same.
Maybe I would think about bet on the turn because people.me showed a weekness, but it is not necessary. Even If river showed up heart, you block flush, so maybe I would consider a call on the river.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Bet flop smaller, you are valuebetting yourself with this sizing. As played I like turn and river checks.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont often call from SB but this is one of the few spots, where I think, it made sense. Folding TT to a 2,5BB raise feel very weak-tight, but if you 3-bet against an EP open, he typically play close to perfect. Postflop you played your hand as a bluff catcher, and that is exactly, what it was.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because It's 50bbs and vs UTG I choose to not make a 3bet. But I wonder if I have some kind of bluffs on this kind of spots.

PokerStars, $0.98 + $0.12 - Hold'em No Limit - 50/100 (12 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

AHAHATUMBA (UTG): 7,482 (75 bb)
spidersigmar (UTG+1): 2,856 (29 bb)
people.men (MP): 6,703 (67 bb)
jaymacca13 (MP+1): 5,952 (60 bb)
Mateus D'Ane (LP): 1,953 (20 bb)
tagii;1 (CO): 2,809 (28 bb)
Merlochess (BU): 1,825 (18 bb)
biglier666 (SB): 5,460 (55 bb)
eyesolator (BB): 4,198 (42 bb)

Pre-Flop: (258) Hero (biglier666) is SB with T T
2 players fold, people.men (MP) raises to 250, 4 players fold, biglier666 (SB) calls 200, 1 fold

Flop: (708) 9 6 K (2 players)
biglier666 (SB) checks, people.men (MP) bets 400, biglier666 (SB) calls 400

Turn: (1,508) 3 (2 players)

River: (1,508) 6 (2 players)

Thank U 4 Posting.

The difficulty with trying to bluff is your small range of value and if villain understands that.

What value hands would you lead turn with? 99 66 33 , KQ maybe.
To be balanced that means we can only bluff about 4 hands with a lead as well.
That is not really putting villain in a bind and villain has all the AK KK AA hands and we do not.

Villain calls with QQ JJ on turn and then you have to bet big on rivers to win, so you are risking chip stack power to try to win a hand when winning chips and protecting our chips not winning hands, is our best strategy in tournaments.

Hope this helps
:):)

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank U 4 Posting.

The difficulty with trying to bluff is your small range of value and if villain understands that.

What value hands would you lead turn with? 99 66 33 , KQ maybe.
To be balanced that means we can only bluff about 4 hands with a lead as well.
That is not really putting villain in a bind and villain has all the AK KK AA hands and we do not.

Villain calls with QQ JJ on turn and then you have to bet big on rivers to win, so you are risking chip stack power to try to win a hand when winning chips and protecting our chips not winning hands, is our best strategy in tournaments.

Hope this helps
:):)

Thanks for replying,

yes, my intention was to lose less chips as possible on that spot.

and also yes, it make almost no sense to try to bluff because small blind ranges are too tight.

just the combos you mentioned.

Yes it helped a lot, thank you

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont often call from SB but this is one of the few spots, where I think, it made sense. Folding TT to a 2,5BB raise feel very weak-tight, but if you 3-bet against an EP open, he typically play close to perfect. Postflop you played your hand as a bluff catcher, and that is exactly, what it was.

Maybe on bubble situations, or if you have info that villain is too tight I would consider folding a hand like TT.

But this is a very strong hand, and if you calculate that on some solver, you will find that folding is worse than playing when you talking about EV

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the way this hand played out. I know a lot of ppl are 3betting the TT there but my issue with that is hands like TT (and pairs under) are going to encounter a lot of flops with 1 or 2 over cards on them - making it difficult for us to know where we are in the hand and effectively quickly turning our TTs into a bluff or value towning ourselves. For these reasons I like the flat preflop.

The flop comes out with 1 overcard sure enough - love the x/call on the flop - cant be folding to a single bet on this board.

Turn check I like as well - when our opponent checks back we can start to feel a little better about our hand and how it may be good.

Checking the river i loooove - why do I love it after saying we may have the best hand? Well, what do we do when we value bet our TT on this blank river and get raised? Sucks doesn't it? So, I love check here with the intent to call a reasonable river bet. When we check, we not only pot control and take away their option to raise us - but we also keep their bluffs in as well, A hi combos cant win this hand unless they bluff the river, under pairs or 9T may value bet their hands here as well so by checking we allow them to bet for us. That being said it is also possible for hands like JJ and QQ to play their hands passively on the turn after a flop bet gets called - so when they bet the river we just call and we will lose the minimum. If our opponent checks back and we are good, that's fine too. I would rather lose myself one other street of value over value towning myself on the river.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Sorry, I though hero is MP. Why you didn't 3bet? This is a standard 3bet and if you never 3bet it, you definitely have a big leak there.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sorry, I though hero is MP. Why you didn't 3bet? This is a standard 3bet and if you never 3bet it, you definitely have a big leak there.
Because we guess the MP range is oftenly reazonably strong against TT, if you 3bet, most villains fold loser hands and keep with winner hands.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Because we guess the MP range is oftenly reazonably strong against TT, if you 3bet, most villains fold loser hands and keep with winner hands.

No, villain must call with weaker pairs, which is great for us. We have reasonable equity against MP's calling range. Also MP must fold KQo, KJo, QJo, ATo and worse... All of this hands have a lot of equity against TT and we gain a lot by making them fold. Alternative, to call on SB, is much worse, because BB will also chime in and we will need to play straightforward poker OOP against two players. That is why all good players like more 3bet TT and all bad players call TT on SB.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have played the same way. Maybe we could squeeze in a very small value bet on the river and rep QJ / TJ floats that get called by a nine or mid pocket pair.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like a solid line. Once the 3 peeled on the turn which is a complete blank and he checks, I would be fairly confident I had the best hand. But with the 6 peeling on river, checking back in hopes of getting to showdown was good as well.