$1 NLHE STT: AQs against CO call preflop with A high board.

L

limakpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello

What do you think about hero play ?

I have no reads on the villian. I only saw before that when he checks out of position he normally folds and when he somehow connected with the flop he donk bets.

poker stars $0.91+$0.09 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds + t4 - 9 players - View hand 2703285
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: t729 M = 9
BB: t2982 M = 36.81
Hero (UTG): t3724 M = 45.98
UTG+1: t2616 M = 32.30
UTG+2: t512 M = 6.32
MP1: t4167 M = 51.44
MP2: t2000 M = 24.69
CO: t3140 M = 38.77
BTN: t1317 M = 16.26

Pre Flop: (t81) Hero is UTG with Q :diamond: A :diamond:
Hero raises to t90, 4 folds, CO calls t90, 3 folds

Flop: (t261) A :club: 3 :diamond: K :spade: (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets t130, Hero calls t130

Turn: (t521) 6 :diamond: (2 players)
Hero bets t260, CO raises to t520, Hero raises to t3500 all in, CO calls t2396 all in

River: (t6353) Q :heart: (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: t6353
Hero shows Q :diamond: A :diamond: (two pair, Aces and Queens)
CO shows 6 :heart: 6 :club: (three of a kind, Sixes)
CO wins t6353

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no reason to do anything but try to get as much money in as possible here.

i'd usually size it so we can get our stack in by the river, so that means bet/bet/bet

checking just lets alot of hands check back and we lose a street of value, most of the money we make in these spots are when fish have second best hands, like AT or AJ, so unless you know he's super aggro and will likely bet, then betting is usually best.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your reraise will not make him fold because he has surely a hand he thinks its better than ours.

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why did the hero check the flop? Why did he lead out in the turn and when re-raised, jammed?
Too much confusion in the betting pattern.

P

PBG789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre-flop - no problem.

Flop - why do you check? You give up the betting lead to the player in position despite having hit top pair. IMO a c-bet or a c/r was called for.

Turn - as played leading out on the turn makes no sense. The six is, in most circumstances, a blank so normally would change nothing. When villain raises surely the alarm bells must be ringing. AK is unlikely but there are plenty of hands within his pre-flop calling range that have you crushed at this point. He could easily have A3 A6 33 66. To then jam over this raise again doesn't make sense to me. Villain is almost always calling here with what he thinks is the best hand.

IMO hero should probably be just calling the turn raise as it looks super strong. If we assume that hero is behind at this stage then an A on the river is no good to him as it makes a full house for villain's likely hands. Q may give better two pair but hero is really drawing to the flush at this stage so should probably then be check folding to any river card that is not a diamond.

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jep, bet flop.

As played: turn - hero overplay's. imo

jedimindpicks

jedimindpicks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bet flop here and get called by a ton of worse aces, dont think I'm finding a fold in a 1 dollar game after turning nutflush draw and hiting two pair on river.
Looks like a cooler to me but I think we can take a better line here.

A

Alexandru24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You will c-bet the flop on like 80% procent of the time against one player. Why check when you hit top pair good kicker ?

It's a cooler but when you overbet the turn it's hard for a hand like at ,aj to pay you. You should've tried some pot control because your stack was so big in comparasion with the blinds.

Last edited:
X

Xmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like you reraise on the turn. But at the end you would have gone broke anyway..