146.2 KB · Views: 13
seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks fine to me. Is this a 10 man DoN?
It would be good to see what the stack sizes of the other players at the table were, due to the nature of the game it could make this a bad move.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was tied with someone else for the shortest stack is all I can remember.

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In that case I would have made the same shove. If someone at the table had a smaller stack than us then I would consider folding. Normally in these games people with a decent stack will tighten up big time on the bubble, so you will get a lot of folds in this situation even when they have good hands. Although this is a $1 game so this may not happen as some people will play it like a regular SNG and make some questionable calls.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah they make questionable calls for sure, A7 is unthinkably bad calling here. I probably muck JJ if i'm that BB! Why risk it when you have a 3.5k stack.. your gonna be in the money regardless, but if you lose, like he almost did, then your down to 1.5k!

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah they make questionable calls for sure, A7 is unthinkably bad calling here. I probably muck JJ if i'm that BB! Why risk it when you have a 3.5k stack.. your gonna be in the money regardless, but if you lose, like he almost did, then your down to 1.5k!

Absolutley, I hate the BB's call here. Although as its a $1 game its not very suprising. Im sure that a lot of at people those stakes dont understand that they should tighten up when they have a good stack due to the flat payout stucture, they see an ace in their hand and refuse to fold even if it puts them at risk of getting knocked out.

It is good to have these players at the tables. The times that you have a decent stack you can sit back and watch them try to knock each other out and the times that you are short they can give you a timely double-up.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutley, I hate the BB's call here. Although as its a $1 game its not very suprising. Im sure that a lot of at people those stakes dont understand that they should tighten up when they have a good stack due to the flat payout stucture, they see an ace in their hand and refuse to fold even if it puts them at risk of getting knocked out.

It is good to have these players at the tables. The times that you have a decent stack you can sit back and watch them try to knock each other out and the times that you are short they can give you a timely double-up.

Yup that's been the gameplan.