$1 NLHE: Shove or call against donk bet when I have two overs

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1 NL HE: Shove or call against donk bet when I have two overs

Ok no tracker program running for this SnG so unfortunately I don't have any real info on him. I KNOW I PLAYED THIS WRONG. The reraise on the flop was terrible, way too small. Here's my question: On the flop, would it be better to shove or to call his min bet and fold on the turn if he donk bets again? I feel like those are the only two ways to effectively approach this villain, but I don't know which is better. Obviously it would be helpful if I could label him as a LAG or weak, but like I said I didn't have him labeled. Also- bet more preflop?

Stacks:

* UTG with 1850
* UTG+1 with 3135
* MP1 with 7005
* MP2 with 6475
* CO with 1290
* BTN with 3970
* SB with 1560
* BB with 1715

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds:
Site: full tilt poker
* * Dealt to UTG+1:Q♥ A♠
* * Sklansky group 3
Preflop:
* * 1 players fold.
* * UTG+1 raises to 550
* * 4 players fold.
* * SB calls [450]
* * 1 players folded.
* * Total folds this street: 6
* * Potsize: 1300
Flop:
* * 2♥ J♠ 2♦
* * SB bets [200]
* * 1 players fold.
* * UTG+1 raises to 500
* * SB calls [300]
* * Potsize: 2300
Turn:
* * K♠
* * SB bets [200]
* * 1 players fold.
* * Uncalled bet of 200 returned to SB
* * SB wins the pot (2,300)
* * Total folds this street: 1

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flop and turn hits 2 cards that fall squarely into the range with which a SB will call a raise with. With your stack size, tournament position and blind levels I'd fold to the donk bet. Preflop raise was fine as long as it matched your previous betting patterns.

wislim

wislim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you had no plan if he called your raise on flop. and when you raise folding is horrible. your pot commited as you only have 4 bb's left. either jam or fold on the flop if you feel your beat here. not deep enough to raise/fold.

Goodwooter

Goodwooter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AQ off is a very average hand 8 handed...your preflop bet was a little high considering your early position...id suggest 2X the bb with almost any hand in early position...once you missed the flop you have a check/call hand, the weak reraise was a disaster....villian was short stacked and committed to his hand either way most likely...my guess is villian had 88 or 99 or possibly J10

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop and turn hits 2 cards that fall squarely into the range with which a SB will call a raise with. With your stack size, tournament position and blind levels I'd fold to the donk bet. Preflop raise was fine as long as it matched your previous betting patterns.

:dito: