luizmarinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys heres my hand at semi-ft NL 45 man $1

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/16674088_A9BA3468BE

My train of thought was the following:
I only called his 3bet pf with A8o because he got mad cuz I was stealing his blinds every hand.
The 3 wasnt on his 3bet range, the Jack could be, but if he had any pair or JJ or even AJ he probably would cbet for value on flop. As he checks on flop he shows weakness and when he called my bet on turn he could have twice:
- Chasing a flush, or made full house on flop with 77 and slow play.
My mistake was not put him all in on river but as another 3 cames on board and he push I didnt belive he had something.

What you think about my move ?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jam or fold pre, simple as that really. Calling out of position is asking to throw chips away.

think your move pre is pretty horrendous, didn't even get postflop tbh, your main concern here is your preflop action, and the thought behind your preflop action.

Instead of thinking he's only 3betting cos he's getting mad. It's way more likely he's 3betting because he has some sort of a decent hand, so folding is actually a way better move considering we are stealing his blinds every hand and likely taking the pot away most times, our preflop raise is so profitable that we can easily just afford to let these types of situations go. Keeep in mind that not every pot is yours to win..

However If your read is that he's on tilt and he's way more likely to be 3betting light here, then 4bet shoving is totally fine, although our hand type isn't the greatest.

luizmarinho

luizmarinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jam or fold pre, simple as that really. Calling out of position is asking to throw chips away.

think your move pre is pretty horrendous, didn't even get postflop tbh, your main concern here is your preflop action, and the thought behind your preflop action.

Instead of thinking he's only 3betting cos he's getting mad. It's way more likely he's 3betting because he has some sort of a decent hand, so folding is actually a way better move considering we are stealing his blinds every hand and likely taking the pot away most times, our preflop raise is so profitable that we can easily just afford to let these types of situations go. Keeep in mind that not every pot is yours to win..

However If your read is that he's on tilt and he's way more likely to be 3betting light here, then 4bet shoving is totally fine, although our hand type isn't the greatest.

Ty for the answer.
I actually did not belive he had anything strong because on that limits, if he had he would probably insta shove, even with 20 bb