ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$1 NL HE: KQs

Playin $1 MTT. Villan is loose/limpy 71/14/1.5. Played only 9hands at this table so far.
I've limped in twice with JTs/44 but folded on flop/turn. Then i'm delt KQs UTG+1 so I decide to limp again. Maybe i'll raise it next time...

poker stars, $1.10 Buy-in (25/50 blinds) NL Hold'em Tourney, 8 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

BB: 1,925 (38.5 bb)
Hero (UTG+1): 2,965 (59.3 bb)
MP1: 4,100 (82 bb)
MP2: 2,940 (58.8 bb)
MP3: 2,670 (53.4 bb)
CO: 9,090 (181.8 bb)
BTN: 3,525 (70.5 bb)
SB: 2,840 (56.8 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is UTG+1 with K
spade.gif
Q
spade.gif

Hero calls 50, 3 folds, CO calls 50, BTN calls 50, SB completes, BB checks

Flop: (250) J
spade.gif
A
club.gif
T
spade.gif
(5 players)
SB bets 50, BB folds, Hero calls 50, CO calls 50, BTN calls 50
I think if I raise here every1 folds since i've shown no aggression yet and im only gettin called by Ax spades.

Turn: (450) J
heart.gif
(4 players)
SB bets 50, Hero calls 50, CO folds, BTN raises to 550, SB folds, Hero raises to 2,865 and is all-in, BTN calls 2,315
Decided to re-raise semi bluff to look weak yet have a strong hand. I'm still drawing to a huge OESFD aswell. Im gettin paid by idiots who hold Jx and think that im on a flush draw. And since he a loose limper on the BTN I doubts he has AJ/JT. It's a $1 MTT so i'm going for the gamble.

Would you do the same?

G

Greyshadows

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow well first of all you play KQs very diffrently then I would I would make a 3 BB raise from UTG +1. On the flop i dont know if i can argue if the call was a mistake cause for all reasonable purposes u flopped the and ur drawing at the stone cold nuts with an OESFD at this point ur ahead of a set. I cant imagine AJ raising/calling without reraising 50 here cause that tbh would be just asking for trouble with a FD open min raising is just a way to throw away a pot by giving everyone free draws. J10 would be something im more likely to put an opponent on but without a raise preflop if i was play J10 i would prolly bet out due to not putting anyone on AJ so lets just put your villain on a J or a weak ace. on the turn the J of hearts does not necessariyl hurt your hand cause im honestly putting my opponent on a weak ace or a J x so either the Jack helped by pairing the board and making his pair of aces stronger or he turned trips both of which are beaten by your broadway. TBH id be very very hardpressed to lay this hand down. ive got nuts on flop and im 4% chance of making an unbeatable hand/royal and im still not fully convinced he filled a boat with that jack, and at that limits i think its an easy shove/call.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise or fold pre-flop. KQ for me is a fold pre from the first 3 seats.

Raise that flop !!!!! Its a perfect flop for your hand, you will catch much more than Axs. In $1 tourneys players do not like folding top pair, they HATE folding two pair and flush draws, and these are the hands that you want to stack against you.

Slowplaying big hands on the micro's is a big mistake imo, just bet them for value, you will extract more out of them.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise more everywhere. Nice job slow playing your way to a point where you might be drawing to 2 outs.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fold this preflop. As played, we've hit a gin flop and we should be raising for a couple of reasons. One is we'll get called by a lot more than Ax spade draws. Medium aces probably give us action, two pair definitely does.

The other reason is we've got a massive hand and we want to build the pot. If we slowplay this, it's gonna look really suspicious when we come to life on the turn - chances are villain figures us for a big hand and doesn't give us any action unless he improves significantly. But there's loads of hands that could be raising that flop, especially over a minbet. We could be representing Ax, draws, medium pairs or any number of other hands that villain will give us action with, so leading the flop actually helps disguise the strength of our hand a lot better than slowplaying it does.

On the turn... I'm guessing we've run into a JT boat? That's exactly the kind of hand a loose passive villain likes to hang around with and the kind of hand we should've charged more to continue on the flop.

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The leak in that play was not reraising the flop. Thanks guys.

Well the river was the Ad and villan held J2o. Cant believe the As didnt come out.