$1 NLHE Deep Stacked: Aces Flop Overpair and Check Flop

S

Syfted

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1 NL HE Deep Stacked: Aces Flop Overpair and Check Flop

I've seen villain call overbets with draws on previous hands. Is this flop check okay, knowing that information?

No-Limit Hold'em, $100.00 BB (9 handed) - The Daily Dollar

saw flop | saw showdown

CO ($9362)
Button ($2505)
SB ($6128)
BB ($6760)
Hero (UTG) ($4755)
UTG+1 ($14080)
MP1 ($3681)
MP2 ($10450)
MP3 ($2245)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Ac, As
Hero bets $400, 7 folds, BB calls $300

Flop: ($850) Kh, 6c, 5d (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($850) 4d (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $1200, BB calls $1200

River: ($3250) 2h (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $3250

Results:
BB had 3s, 3c (straight, six high).
Hero had Ac, As (one pair, Aces).
Outcome: BB won $3250

Numbuh 0ne

Numbuh 0ne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it were me i would have bet pot on the flop and went ahead and pushed on the turn if he was still in. I guess you were trying to slow play to induce a bet? I would never ever slow play aces in a tournament under $10 because things like that happen. So i don't think that was a good check at all, did you think he would call with a draw? If anything im thinking he has a K not a draw.

S

Syfted

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never ever slow play aces in a tournament under $10 because things like that happen.

Things like what happen?

I'm really asking if the value I lose to Kx by checking the flop is worth the value I gain when he picks up a draw on 4th street.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind checking back the flop as much as I mind checking back the river. I think it's a clear valuebet.

Part of the reason we check back the flop is to pretend we don't have anything and get looked up later. Considering that, we have a vastly underrepresented hand and we really have to bet both remaining streets for value. Including this river card.

S

Syfted

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might be getting result oriented, we really want him to have Kx here don't we...

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMHO you want to c-bet this flop just as you would c-bet any other hand. BB cold calls your 4xBB bet OOP, BB will almost always float your c-bet here too. Unless you have a good history with the other players don't change your style. Then full pot bet the turn and if BB comes along you can then check back the river as you have gotten your value into the pot already.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind checking back the flop as much as I mind checking back the river. I think it's a clear valuebet.

Part of the reason we check back the flop is to pretend we don't have anything and get looked up later. Considering that, we have a vastly underrepresented hand and we really have to bet both remaining streets for value. Including this river card.
I agree with f paulsson. Checking the flop seemed OK to me, i can see why.

It was a good check on the river by you considering what he had but if i were playing and i didn't know what he had, i would probably bet here.

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My strategy here is a little different. On the flop, I would bet out (2/3 of the pot), hoping he had Kx, that's when we get paid off all the way to the river. TT-77 may come along as well. Checking just gives him a chance to make two pair, a good draw, etc...

Again, its not a bad play to check there by any means. I have been burned more times by slow playing my Aces that I don't do it much anymore.