$1 NLHE Deep Stacked: $$1 NLHE Deep Stacked: $$1 NLHE Deep Stacked: did i play this right

tomh7795

tomh7795

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1 NL HE Deep Stacked: $$1 NL HE Deep Stacked: $$1 NL HE Deep Stacked: did i play this right

this was in a daily doller on full tilt poker.
blinds were 60/120
my opponent min raises in early/middle position
i had a very tight image playing about 20% of my hands and only pushing all in twice all tourney.
he had been raising a lot of pots from many different positions and calling big all ins with weak holdings (j10)
i had pocket 10s and had about 2200 chips. my opponent had 5570 chips.
i re-raised all in and i got called by k10 and the k10 hit trips and won the hand.

did i play this wrong? or did my opponent play it wrong?

T

Tublecain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Tom, and welcome to cardschat! I trust that you will find it to be one of the friendliest and most helpful poker forums on the net. I know I did! So that we can be more helpful tough, particularly when posting hand histories, allow me to direct you to a a post made a while back that outlines some guidelines for posting hands so that we can better understand each specific situation and give you more useful advice!

Best of luck to you, and looking forward to seeing some more hand histories.

T.

R

RA2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no question about it. Your opponent made the mistake and got lucky!
It happens...

regd87

regd87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would avoid raising all-in with any hands pre-flop unless it's AA QQ or JJ.
Unless you have to, just make a big raise like 7x BB then see what the flop brings, if the flop brings some Kings then it's easier to fold your 1010 and you save some chips for a better battle.