Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Turbo
Currency
$
Hello,

I'm leading FT when this hand is coming. Please, tell me your opinion on this one, analise the streets and the circumstances :)

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,

I'm leading FT when this hand is coming. Please, tell me your opinion on this one, analise the streets and the circumstances :)

Tough spot.

I don't blame you for folding.

What did you put your opponent on?

I'm considering AK, QQ, KK, AA, TT, JJ (probably not JJ).

Did you have any behavior from that player before?

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Do not see any Ace on the flop and turn, so I could bet there are 2 of them within the villain's hand ...

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
BTN starts the hand with less than 16BB, and with a 3BB raise he has already put almost 20% of his chips in the middle. In that situation you do not want to have any calling range from SB, so this is a mandatory push or fold situation. You are a little deep against BB with 27BB, but if you push, he has to be extremely tight calling it off due to the final table ICM. So for me this is a no-brainer push, but if you really think, BTN is only opening to 3BB with super premium hands, then you can nit-fold and let BB do, whatever he wants to do.

Flop
SPR (Stack to pot ratio) is only around 1,5, and you flop TPTK. This is even more clear than preflop, and the absolutely only play to ever be made here is to check-jam. What are you holdning back for? Are you scared, you are beat? Or that he wont call with worse? Just get it in man and be done with the hand.

Turn
Because you completely butchered both preflop and flop, now you are in this super awkward situation, where the opponent has less than a pot sized bet left, and because a bad turn card rolled off, you have no idea, if your hand is good or not. I dont know, what I would do here, but the much more important point is, that you should never have been here, because you should have ended the hand preflop or at least on the flop.

IADaveMark

IADaveMark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
As played, the fold was likely right. AK or QJ got there just fine. However, as fundiver199 said, there are 2 places where you should have just put him all in.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As played, the fold was likely right. AK or QJ got there just fine.
And AQ, KQ, K9, QT, Q9 and 98 as well. So a lot of hands, Hero was beating on the flop, now got there.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Better to just fold AJo pre-flop than play like that.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,

Using GTO wizard the closest solve I could get has us mostly raising to 5bb some shoving- we raise not shove to protect vs the BB waking up with a big hand- If they fold we call BTN shove even though the BTN shove is AQoff+ TT+ ATs+-- that is an ICM solve-
:unsure::geek:

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
BTN starts the hand with less than 16BB, and with a 3BB raise he has already put almost 20% of his chips in the middle. In that situation you do not want to have any calling range from SB, so this is a mandatory push or fold situation. You are a little deep against BB with 27BB, but if you push, he has to be extremely tight calling it off due to the final table ICM. So for me this is a no-brainer push, but if you really think, BTN is only opening to 3BB with super premium hands, then you can nit-fold and let BB do, whatever he wants to do.

Flop
SPR (Stack to pot ratio) is only around 1,5, and you flop TPTK. This is even more clear than preflop, and the absolutely only play to ever be made here is to check-jam. What are you holdning back for? Are you scared, you are beat? Or that he wont call with worse? Just get it in man and be done with the hand.

Turn
Because you completely butchered both preflop and flop, now you are in this super awkward situation, where the opponent has less than a pot sized bet left, and because a bad turn card rolled off, you have no idea, if your hand is good or not. I dont know, what I would do here, but the much more important point is, that you should never have been here, because you should have ended the hand preflop or at least on the flop.
flop we actually are allowed to lead

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure. That would be another option. But we are not check-calling and allowing bad cards to roll off for free or the opponent to check back turn and see all 5 cards without risking the rest of his chips. However if the opponent call a lead, we are still in a very awkward situation on the turn. And personally I would not even be seing a flop like ever, when the opponent is this short :)

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,

I don't know what information you have about the villain, but as the chip leader, it is worth assuming the role of the captain and re-raising from outside preflop position and forcing the opponent to play for a stack, because from outside position on the flop and you are already in a difficult position on the turn.
On the Flop (because it was still favorable) it would have been better to raise close to the pot so that the opponent would go all-in or fold.
On the turn, I would have either raised and called all-in, or if I checked, I would have already given the opponent all-in.
Tough nut to crack, thanks for the hand.🧐

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fundiver's original post is spot on from start to finish. This is a jam pre unless you know something about the villain. On the flop, I think its a very simple check jam spot as was also mentioned. The interesting point in this hand is the turn obviously which I believe if hero played pre or flop correctly there would have been no turn. However, we got to turn and we got there by leading the flop. I would not be leading on the flop but if I were to I would not back off at this point. There is plenty worse that could feel committed here (as villain has already put in 1/3rd of their stack already going to turn) including a ton of draws. I dont think there is any hand that villain would have on the turn that would check back after being checked to. They would either turn a worse hand than Jx into a bluff, bet all their draws, and also bet their stronger hands as well. When we check here we just put ourselves in a really bad spot in a hand that we should have all the chips in the middle anyway by now. I will say the villains sizing is interesting and would not make me think its a bluff in game but I dont feel like I would be at this point in the hand.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually misread the replay and thought, Hero had check-called. Leading is not terrible, but unless I know, the opponent almost never C-bet, I still prefer a check-jam, because it allow him to put more money in with his air.