$1.50 NLHE STT: Was this played too passively on the flop and turn?

EnigmaTTO

EnigmaTTO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm wondering If I played this hand too passively, specifically, I'm wondering if, rather than simply calling the turn, I should be raising. On the river, should I be raising to 3x or just calling here? or is jamming fine? I'm thinking maybe I should've been more cautious of a bigger full house given the preflop action but maybe that's just hindsight talking.

Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker Tracking Software

NL Holdem $1.50+$0.15 (30.00BB)
HJ ($2277) [VPIP: 25% | PFR: 18.8% | AGG: 42.9% | hands: 16]
HERO ($1946) [VPIP: 28% | PFR: 16.7% | AGG: 29.7% | Flop Agg: 37.2% | Turn Agg: 26.4% | River Agg: 18.7% | 3-Bet: 6.1% | 4-Bet: 15.7% | Hands: 10973]
BTN ($2441) [VPIP: 18.8% | PFR: 6.3% | AGG: 57.1% | Hands: 16]
SB ($2555) [VPIP: 25% | PFR: 12.5% | AGG: 33.3% | Flop Agg: 33.3% | Turn Agg: 33.3% | River Agg: 33.3% | 3-Bet: 0% | 4-Bet: 0% | Cold Call: 50% | Hands: 16]
BB ($1853) [VPIP: 12.5% | PFR: 6.3% | AGG: 33.3% | Flop Agg: 0% | Turn Agg: 50% | River Agg: 50% | 3-Bet: 16.7% | Fold to 3-Bet: 0% | 4-Bet: 0% | Hands: 16]
UTG ($2016) [VPIP: 6.3% | PFR: 6.3% | AGG: 100% | Hands: 16]
EP ($1815) [VPIP: 6.3% | PFR: 0% | AGG: 50% | Hands: 16]
MP ($3097) [VPIP: 27.5% | PFR: 4.6% | AGG: 16.1% | Hands: 111]

Dealt to Hero: 4:diamond: 4:club:

UTG Folds, EP Folds, MP Folds, HJ Folds, HERO Raises To $93, BTN Folds, SB Calls $75, BB Raises To $183, HERO Calls $90, SB Calls $90

Hero SPR on Flop: [3.04 effective]
Flop ($549): 4:heart: J:spade: J:heart:
SB Checks, BB Checks, HERO Checks

Turn ($549): 4:heart: J:spade: J:heart: 3:club:
SB Checks, BB Bets $75 (Rem. Stack: $1595), HERO Calls $75 (Rem. Stack: $1688), SB Calls $75 (Rem. Stack: $2312)

River ($774): 4:heart: J:spade: J:heart: 3:club: K:diamond:
SB Checks, BB Bets $197 (Rem. Stack: $1398), HERO Raises To $1688 (allin), SB Calls $1688 (Rem. Stack: $624), BB Calls $1398 (allin)

SB shows: J:diamond: K:club:
BB shows: A:heart: A:diamond:

SB wins: $5574
SB wins: $186

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Preflop is good.

I am betting a large range on this flop when folded to. I'd bet Jx, 4x, any pairs, and likely some over cards (KQ). On most hands I would try to take down the pot now with a 200 chip bet, so I would bet the same with the nuts.

On the turn, I am betting 1/3 pot again. I am hoping flush draws (which I already beat) call, Jx still calls, and over pairs are priced in.

River at this point will be about a 1/3 pot shove. I am shoving any card except a third Jack. Flush draws will fold, but over pairs and Jx are now priced in to call.

I don't see any way you don't go broke here. I would have built the pot slowly rather than making a huge over bet on the river.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Opening 44 from CO is definitely the standard play. There is some confusion about the bet sizes here though, because if you raised to 93, and SB called 75, that would mean blinds of 36/18, which seem pretty odd. The min 3-bet is definitely a little concerning, since it will sometimes be aces playing silly, but you are getting a great price to setmine, so definitely not going to fold.

Flop
You flopped a boat, which is obviously great. They both checked to you, and slowplaying a flopped full house can have some merits, because you can not lose to a straight or flush. But even so I think, there is more value in starting to build the pot. With the baby boat you unblock trips, which is obviously great, and you can also get called by flushdraws, pocket pairs and even A high, if you give them a good price. Just in general its a good strategy to bet 1/3 pot with a wide range on paired boards. It gives you a great price on your bluffs and put them in a tough spot with all their marginal holdings.

Turn
Pretty much a brick turn card, and now the preflop 3-better makes a silly undersized bet. I would definitely be done slowplaying now and begin to put in some chips. You can make it like 400 as played. You want to give them a price, but you also want to make it look like, you could be bluffing.

River
Another undersized bet from the preflop 3-better, and as played I would also jam now. It kind of sucks, because you are giving hands like AA a great opportunity to fold, whereas had you bet small on all 3 streets, they would get sucked in gradually. But I would still go for it and give them the chance to make a big hero call. Maybe someone improved on that K, and it can definitely look bluffy, when you move all in now.

Results
Just a standard cooler. Not getting it in with a boat will lose you way more value in the long run than occationally getting stacked by a better boat. Also had you gone any smaller, SB would definitely have sprung his trap now, and you can obviously not fold, so you would still get stacked.

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop
Opening 44 from CO is definitely the standard play. There is some confusion about the bet sizes here though, because if you raised to 93, and SB called 75, that would mean blinds of 36/18, which seem pretty odd. The min 3-bet is definitely a little concerning, since it will sometimes be aces playing silly, but you are getting a great price to setmine, so definitely not going to fold.

Flop
You flopped a boat, which is obviously great. They both checked to you, and slowplaying a flopped full house can have some merits, because you can not lose to a straight or flush. But even so I think, there is more value in starting to build the pot. With the baby boat you unblock trips, which is obviously great, and you can also get called by flushdraws, pocket pairs and even A high, if you give them a good price. Just in general its a good strategy to bet 1/3 pot with a wide range on paired boards. It gives you a great price on your bluffs and put them in a tough spot with all their marginal holdings.

Turn
Pretty much a brick turn card, and now the preflop 3-better makes a silly undersized bet. I would definitely be done slowplaying now and begin to put in some chips. You can make it like 400 as played. You want to give them a price, but you also want to make it look like, you could be bluffing.

River
Another undersized bet from the preflop 3-better, and as played I would also jam now. It kind of sucks, because you are giving hands like AA a great opportunity to fold, whereas had you bet small on all 3 streets, they would get sucked in gradually. But I would still go for it and give them the chance to make a big hero call. Maybe someone improved on that K, and it can definitely look bluffy, when you move all in now.

Results
Just a standard cooler. Not getting it in with a boat will lose you way more value in the long run than occationally getting stacked by a better boat. Also had you gone any smaller, SB would definitely have sprung his trap now, and you can obviously not fold, so you would still get stacked.

I just come here for THIS! ;)
Thanks fundiver

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say that you should not call the 3bet at the pre flop since the BB is a tight player and you are very farway from his range but how he just mineraise 3bet it was ok to call.

good check on flop since you are ahead of everything but JJ what is very unlikeble to someone have holding.

on turn I would bet to increase the pot to the river eventhough 3 of clubs did not improve anyones game but your check was not a bet play

on river you would been lossing to JK, KK and JJ. BB I would espect BB to have the QQ+ AK since he make this mini 3bet raise. someplayer do it with KK+

for your badluck SB had a surprise and .