$1.50 NLHE STT: called all in with KK on a 234 flop.

R

R1ace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had no reads on the villain as i was watching a movie and playing a sng just for fun but anyways. I got KK UTG and min raised to 100 (blinds 25/50) the villain called. Flop comes 234 he bets 250 i raise to 500 he bets nearly all in leaving him with 84chips and i raise to put him all in. He had 55. I won the hand in the end but i'm just wondering if it was a good call ? he could have had a straight or set ? I know i was taking a risk but was it a good risk to take?

R

R1ace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh and I didn't add that i was chip leader (9man sng) had just over 5300 chips and villain had just under 1700

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Missing alot of info.
Firstly, at 25/50 in a SNG, raise more pre > '150'

Do you think he'd donkbet POT on flop with a set? or straight? Why? (especially vs. perceived range of UTG raiser).
Wouldn't he be more apt. to check to the initial raiser?

R

R1ace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually bet 3xBB but since i was chip leader and whenever i raised everyone folded i decided to min raise to get some action. I know if he did have a straight etc. he would have checked and let me bet to get max value but u never know they might just have the nuts

W

wunderfritzn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is super hard for me to fold kk in a $1.50 sng. But I think you had to call but agree you should have raised more pre. you had to call him though like he said would he bet a monster or let you hang yourself

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
get it in here always, nothing to really think about here.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2.5x pre, get it in pretty fast.
55-QQ are 6*8=48 combos of under pairs we beat. 3*3=9 combos of 22-44.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually bet 3xBB but since i was chip leader and whenever i raised everyone folded i decided to min raise to get some action.
This looks like another example where you fell prey to FPS

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With KK you should be the aggressor and not min raising,

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise 3x pre at least, and I dont think you are folding on that board. He takes a wierd line and especially with your chiplead folding KK in this spot isn't going to be profitable, so you did the right thing :)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Snapshove/fistpump, absolutely no way we're folding an overpair that big here. Given the preflop action two pair hands are highly unlikely and overpairs lower than our own are a lot more likely than sets.

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually bet 3xBB but since i was chip leader and whenever i raised everyone folded i decided to min raise to get some action. I know if he did have a straight etc. he would have checked and let me bet to get max value but u never know they might just have the nuts

You will get enough action as is given the lower blinds and the buyin of the SnG. There is no need to try to "juice" the action by only min bumping. I would never be raising less than 2.5 or 3x here because too likely to have multiway pot vs random holdings.