$1.50 NLHE STT: $1.50 NLHE STT: 4 handed to call 3bet shove or not.

E

Eclipsenz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $1.29+$0.21|100/200 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 4 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: 1,639.00
Hero (SB): 2,945.00
BB: 4,096.00
UTG: 4,820.00

BTN posts ante 25.00, Hero posts ante 25.00, BB posts ante 25.00, UTG posts ante 25.00, Hero posts SB 100.00, BB posts BB 200.00

Pre Flop: (400.00) Hero has Q<font color='red'>♥</font> A<font color='black'>♣</font>

fold, fold, Hero raises to 600.00, BB raises to 4,071.00 and is all-in, Hero calls 2,320.00 and is all-in

Flop: (5940.00, 2 players) J<font color='black'>♠</font> 2<font color='black'>♠</font> 9<font color='black'>♠</font>

Turn: (5940.00, 2 players) 2<font color='red'>♦</font>

River: (5940.00, 2 players) 3<font color='black'>♣</font>

Hero shows Q<font color='red'>♥</font> A<font color='black'>♣</font> (One Pair, Twos) (Pre 25%, Flop 9%, Turn 11%)
BB shows A<font color='black'>♠</font> K<font color='red'>♥</font> (One Pair, Twos) (Pre 75%, Flop 91%, Turn 89%)
BB wins 5,940.00

I didn't think twice and snap called as I raised 3-4 hands previously the same and this guy was the only guy I figured who was decent at the table and figured he was 3betting me all in with a10 or something expecting me to fold as he thought I was stealing?

What would you do,

Also some may say open shove pre as if you raise and you get 3 bet you are spewing chips, that is true but table was pretty tight and 3bb even min raises would suffice

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jam pre, defo don't 3x with any hand in this spot. As played call.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree'd - just jam preflop since you aren't going to fold AQ to a 3-bet, maximize your FE.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $1.29+$0.21|100/200 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 4 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero BB Hero BB Pre Flop: (400.00) Hero <font color='red'>♥</font> A<font color='black'>♣</font> fold, fold, Hero, BB , Hero Flop: (5940.00, 2 players) J<font color='black'>♠</font> 2<font color='black'>♠</font> 9<font color='black'>♠</font> 2<font color='red'>♦</font>
River: (5940.00, 2 players) 3<font color='black'>♣</font>
Hero<font color='red'>♥</font> A<font color='black'>♣</font> (Pre 25%, Flop 9%, Turn 11%)BB A<font color='black'>♠</font> K<font color='red'>♥</font> (One Pair, Twos) (Pre 75%, Flop 91%, Turn 89%)
BB

What would you do,

Hmmmmm, not sure what I would do with this.... Get a new hand converter?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We're in kind of an ugly spot here stack-wise, since being the medium stack on the bubble actually makes us the most risk-averse of anyone on the table.

Re: raising small or just jamming preflop, I'm definitely in favour of jamming because it basically eliminates the possibility of making a mistake on the hand.

If we raise small and villain just calls then there's all kinds of mistakes we can make postflop and it gives the villain the opportunity to use position and play better against us. If we miss the flop and shove villain is free to fold worse hands (losing no more chips to us) and only call with hands that have hit. If we miss the flop, check and villain shoves or even just leads out, we're pretty much forced to fold, even though we'll still have the best hand most of the time.

You also need to think (though maybe not too hard in a $1.50 SnG) about how you'd play other hands in the same spot. Raising AQ rather than shoving it may be OK because as discussed above, we pretty much know we're calling (though I'm not loving it, given our chip position). But could we really do the same with A8 or KJ? Probably not - you've be better off either shoving or folding those. So you don't want to get into a pattern where you're shoving medium hands and raising the strong ones smaller, lest someone catch onto what you're doing. Though like I said, that's maybe not as much of an issue in a $1.50 game as it would be at higher stakes...

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're bankrolled properly, the cost of the game should not weigh into the decision at all.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're bankrolled properly, the cost of the game should not weigh into the decision at all.

I think its more about skill level than actual cost of the game

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If you're referring to my post then yeah, as Ridetheflop notes, I'm talking about the general skill level of the players in a $1.50 game and not the actual amount of money (ie: micro stakes players generally won't be paying much attention to your specific betting patterns, whereas it could be a leak at higher stakes vs more skilled players)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands