$1.50 NLHE MTT: Thoughts on my 8,9os in the BB with 2 potential knockotuts?

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously I'm folding this in any other normal MTT, but is our equity good here?

THe shover, has been quite solid, I had him on a good hand and most definetly had him ahead of me but there was an ouce of doubt with the 2 shorties to his left and right that he could be shoving really wide hoping to get them both.

I elected to call, expecting to be behind but with some value in connectors and the bounties I thought maybe it's worth a call here? Besides which, I'd be folding 20% of my stack and be 3.5 blinds next hand.

Thoughts on the call?

Call and prey?

ps: I just lost with a big pair AIPF 3hands earlier so dented 70% of my stack hence the reason I was really short at this point.

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.35 Tournament, 400/800 Blinds 75 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 (t5028)
MP3 (t1225)
CO (t10925)
Button (t9180)
SB (t1050)
Hero (BB) (t4683)
UTG (t12503)
UTG+1 (t12184)
MP1 (t1375)

Hero's M: 2.50

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8
club.gif
, 9
spade.gif

4 folds, MP3 bets t1150 (All-In), 1 fold, Button raises to t9105 (All-In), SB calls t575 (All-In), Hero calls t3808 (All-In)

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold and shove any two the next hand. Your hand is pretty much trash and you'll have the SB and BTN which you can shove the next two hands providing no-one opens. Even if someone opens you will likely get hands with better equity and he in a HU pot so you can just shove over or call an AI.
Oh also maybe watch Bwammo's video on playing the shortstack in the learning section. He shows you can come back from being really short, the key is patience. Don't call when you know you're rarely going to win just because you lost a big pot the hand before and think things are looking. You still have a fair bit of fold equity over some of these players :)

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fold

a knock out is 25 cents right? ($1+$0.25+$0.1)

and the starting stack is 1500 i guess, which makes each knock out bounty worth 375 chips in equity, so it shouldn't have too big an effect on your decisions when you have 4k and there is only an extra 700 dead money in the middle facing 3 all ins with rags

big stack could easily be shoving wide but 89o even against a really really wide range plays terribly

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I call KQ+ i think, maybe only A9s+