$1.5 NLHE MTT Turbo: 18-man Bubble

N

NooBsKing

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars Hand #142825739322: Tournament #1359838672, $1.32+$0.18 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level X (300/600) - 2015/10/26 16:06:40 CET [2015/10/26 11:06:40 ET]
Table '1359838672 1' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: NooBsKing (4372 in chips)
Seat 2: mouse wang (11731 in chips)
Seat 3: Reykiss (3824 in chips)
Seat 6: semprevc (3139 in chips)
Seat 9: A777BX (3934 in chips)
NooBsKing: posts the ante 50
mouse wang: posts the ante 50
Reykiss: posts the ante 50
semprevc: posts the ante 50
A777BX: posts the ante 50
NooBsKing: posts small blind 300
mouse wang: posts big blind 600
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to NooBsKing [Ah 8h]
Reykiss: folds
semprevc: folds
A777BX: folds
NooBsKing: ??

Push/fold?
How much should i be light/tight on bubble, when i am 2/5?
1) BB call me light, because it's 1,5$ SNG and he don't know nothing about ICM...?
2) BB is solid player...?

My range is something like 1) 88+, ATs+, AJo+ 2) 66+, A5s+, K9s+, QTs+, JTs, A8o+, KJo+, QJo

Thx for answers :)

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jam much wider that that here, like 50% of hands at a minimum Any Ax and braodway, any pair, any pretty suited or connected card, any high card K8o type hands. Since you have a loose calling chip leader to your right, you will not have many good situations in future to pick up easy equity as you always have to shove through the bigger stack, so instead of adjusting by folding more i tend to just shove the same range i normally would or even a little bit wider.

Fwiw, i think i jam around 60-70% of hands here give or take unless the other players have been really loose and it's likely that one of them will bust out soon, then i might tighten a little bit. but in general i'm jamming a very wide range here.

N

NooBsKing

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, thx for your exhausting answer :)...because i don't know, how much important is bubble in this format...but almost every time i end bubble with a few blinds because i am really tight...thx once again :)

beger80

beger80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If big blind is calling light I don't like a shove w/ A8s, his calling range, if it is as light as top 50%, gives you only 57% equity against his range. With the others short stacked and on the stone bubble I would tighten my range greatly especially when he has something to defend. Attack the other short stacks with a stronger range. Once the money comes then racing with the lag is fine and you can go for the win.
Tough position at the table, if he is a solid player a shove is better but I would not go after the only player that can take you out of the tournament. Since the table average is 7 bb vs the chip leading 20bb stack it will be push fold and I would wait at least one or two more trips to find a better hand/spot to shove.

I like the ranges set for #1 but would tighten them for #2 just a few clicks... ATs+

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If big blind is calling light I don't like a shove w/ A8s, his calling range, if it is as light as top 50%, gives you only 57% equity against his range. With the others short stacked and on the stone bubble I would tighten my range greatly especially when he has something to defend. Attack the other short stacks with a stronger range. Once the money comes then racing with the lag is fine and you can go for the win.
Tough position at the table, if he is a solid player a shove is better but I would not go after the only player that can take you out of the tournament. Since the table average is 7 bb vs the chip leading 20bb stack it will be push fold and I would wait at least one or two more trips to find a better hand/spot to shove.

I like the ranges set for #1 but would tighten them for #2 just a few clicks... ATs+

This entire post is horrible advice.

you can't and never can attack the short stacks! look at your table positioning, you WILL ALWAYS have to shove into the chip leader since he's on your right. Tightening up is literally the worst thign you can do here since the blinds are HUGE relative to the stack sizes and we have a 'loose' player directly to our right, this means our edge diminishes a ton so we actually have to loosen our range if anything not tighten it. You can of course get into a folding war but our stack represents a pretty big portion of the chip leaders stack, and not very many villians will call as wide as 50% here, that is a pretty absurb number to throw out. maybe top 30% would be a lot closer to what he will actually call with here.

The table is not sitting on 7bb stacks, it's more like a 4-5bb stack if you take antes into account. So our stack will not survive if you wait another 1-2 orbits lol.

Folding any Ax here on the button is a huge loss of equity, can you please not advise people to play badly, thanks.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, thx for your exhausting answer :)...because i don't know, how much important is bubble in this format...but almost every time i end bubble with a few blinds because i am really tight...thx once again :)

the bubble is everything in this format, obviously our goal is to cash, but sometimes our table position is that bad that we just have to take more risks in order to survive the next few orbits. With a loose player on our right, we simply cannot hope to hit a better hand in the next few hands dealt, we need to adjust our stack size to account for antes meaning we have around a 4-5bb stack size. If we swapped positions with the chip leader, now we can afford to wait it out a little more, but also we can shove much wider into the remaining players since they are all similar stack sizes and it's very tough for them to call an all in.

N

NooBsKing

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ou, it's nice and logical explanation. Imho a lot of people won't call so wide range...especially on this limit can call me only fish with wide range, mby ATC :D...but in unique case. OK, so the result is => not to be tight, because we need to survive...and bubble is important, but we have to sometimes a risk for to survive...

Thx very much for this clarification :)

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I completely agree with WiZZiM. Please note that it is not so much your particular stack size as your table position that changes the dynamic here.

For instance if the big stack were on your right and he had jammed into you and you were trying to figure out how wide to call....you could be tighter on the bubble because later you will be able to jam into the short stacks.

But you will ALWAYS have to get past the big stack. that's never going to change at this table. you may as well shove into him when you only have 1 player to get past.

A8 is beyond good enough to shove here. I haven't worked out a real range on a calculator yet but my 2 beers deep "gut instinct" range for shoving would be something like any pair, any ace K5s+, K8o+ Q7+, J8+ and suited connectors down to 45s

N

NooBsKing

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely agree with WiZZiM. Please note that it is not so much your particular stack size as your table position that changes the dynamic here.

For instance if the big stack were on your right and he had jammed into you and you were trying to figure out how wide to call....you could be tighter on the bubble because later you will be able to jam into the short stacks.

But you will ALWAYS have to get past the big stack. that's never going to change at this table. you may as well shove into him when you only have 1 player to get past.

A8 is beyond good enough to shove here. I haven't worked out a real range on a calculator yet but my 2 beers deep "gut instinct" range for shoving would be something like any pair, any ace K5s+, K8o+ Q7+, J8+ and suited connectors down to 45s

OK, thx for corroboration Wizzim's answer :). I have to learn not to be afraid pushing light because that is, what i need :)...and i have to remember "..you could be tighter on the bubble because later you will be able to jam into the short stacks", because i think it's very important :)

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Snap shove, wizzim summed it up perfectly.