$1 45-player MTT hand question

mparker876

mparker876

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had this hand pop up during the final table of a 45 player MTT last night. The mp3 limper had been playing fairly solid TAG but limping into a lot of pots because he had the chips to do it, the SB had been playing crazy LAG. When I raised I figured if the mp3 re-raised I was probably folding but really didn't expect the SB to push. I thought about how he had been playing and was positive I had him since he would have raised any hand that beat mine before I had the chance to raise. I figured him for a low pp or Ax so I called, he drew out on the flop & beat me, which I'm OK with, it happens. My main question is, was that a good call on my part knowing how LAG he was playing (and having seen him make this move before). I'm pretty sure it was a good play on my part, but wanted to get some outside input.

Stacks:
* UTG with 6960
* UTG+1 with 8390
* MP1 with 3195
* MP2 with 3580
* MP3 with 17445
* CO with 4350
* BTN with 7685
* SB with 8565
* BB with 7330

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds:
Site: full tilt poker
* * Dealt to BB:T♣ T♠
* * Sklansky group 2
Preflop:
* * 4 players fold.
* * MP3 calls [600]
* * 2 players fold.
* * SB calls [300]
* * Hero raises to 2,400
* * 1 players fold.
* * SB raises to 8,565, and is all in
* * Hero calls [4,930] [ all-in ]
* * SB shows :
* * J♥ Q♠ Hero shows :
* * 10♣ 10♠
* * Uncalled bet of 1,235 returned to SB
* * Total folds this street: 7
* * Potsize: 16495
Flop:
* * 4♠ J♦ Q♥
Turn:
* * 5♥
River:
* * 2♠
* * SB shows two pair, Queens and Jacks
* * Hero shows a pair of Tens
* * SB wins the pot (15,260) with two pair, Queens and Jacks

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just shove when its your turn to act preflop, you want to use your fold equity to push out the q,j k,q and k,j hands that you don't want to particularly race against. There is also 1800 in dead money to pick up, so just shove instead of making a standard raise

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this spot with an M<10 just shove, even if you only pick up the limp and SB's limp that is over 10% of your stack, no need to get fancy. if the SB was really lose I think calling is fine but from his perspective your raise probably looked like a steal from the blind since everyone limped and he went for resteal and out drew you.

mparker876

mparker876

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had thought that might have been a little too aggresive, but being as how I was willing to call off all my chips anyway, it makes a lot of sense. Especially since I had mostly just been wanting to take down the pot preflop. Thanks for the tips.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands