$1.40 NLHE MTT Bounty: QQ vs. limp-shove

ManicLombax

ManicLombax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Edit: didn't get his stats in here for some reason. Villain was running 3/3/0 over 29 hands.

Do we ever ever think about folding here? Villain had been so quiet I didn't even know he was there. I was so busy fist pumping that I didn't even bother to look at his stats to be honest. I just pulled them up now.

If you do call here, what range are you calling with? TT+, AK? Less? Seems like his range could be sort of polarized between trash he decided to turn into a bluff and monsters.

I had been pretty quiet myself, so I don't think he's getting annoyed with me for stealing often.

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.4 Tournament, 60/120 Blinds (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG (t6957)
MP (t6700)
CO (t15151)
Hero (Button) (t4235)
SB (t3319)
BB (t6145)

Hero's M: 23.53

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q
spade.gif
, Q
diamond.gif

1 fold, MP calls t120, 1 fold, Hero bets t420, 2 folds, MP raises to t6685 (All-In), Hero ?

Last edited:
JLtrooper

JLtrooper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough to say. It is still early in the tourney, and villain is obviously very tight. I am putting him on either <99 or KK-AA. <99 seems likely to me since he is getting no value from shoving a monster, but maybe he is purposely playing against his table image and is trying to induce a call?

TT+ and AK seems like a good calling range. Is he multitabling by chance? Seems like a bot move.

ManicLombax

ManicLombax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is he multitabling by chance? Seems like a bot move.

Good question, I didn't think to check.

Oh by the way, forgot again to mention this is a 90 person tourney, maybe 30 left of so (people go nuts for them quarters).

ManicLombax

ManicLombax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't edit, so I have to spam my own thread. :)

Just looked up villain on officialpokerrankings, and he's not a multitabler. Looks like he is new, with a total of about 20 tournaments played (at stars anyhow).

JLtrooper

JLtrooper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't edit, so I have to spam my own thread. :)

Just looked up villain on officialpokerrankings, and he's not a multitabler. Looks like he is new, with a total of about 20 tournaments played (at stars anyhow).

I mean with a new player, he could easily have been shoving with A-, K8+, etc. (Cause that's what they do on TV :rolleyes: ) Did you lay it down?

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me this is a snap call, usually this overshove will be a midPP and rarely AA/KK.

tusabes

tusabes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I call every time. Looks like a resteal. I love when I have a real hand on the button. Late in sng's a lot of people will resteal a button raise. Me included.

ManicLombax

ManicLombax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cool. I snap called, and he turned over KK. Just bad luck, but wanted to make sure that seemed like the right play.

Same thing happened again today though. I had AA and villain turned over K8s. :)

Thanks for looking!