$1.20 NLHE STT: Can we call here?

R

Riemannian man

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
full tilt poker $1 + $0.20 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t40/t80 Blinds - 3 players - http://www.handconverter.com/hands/1120883
The DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): t2640 33 BBs
BTN: t1340 16.75 BBs
SB: t5020 62.75 BBs

Pre Flop: (t120) Hero is BB with Ks As
BTN raises to t200, SB calls t160, Hero raises to t600, BTN raises to t1340 all in, SB calls t1140, Hero???

There hadn't been too many raises since becoming 3-handed, just limps. We're on the bubble, so is this a fold or push?

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have pushed as first move

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

Bubble Punter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would have pushed as first move

I agree with Lab Man.

But seeing was we didn't, we must now think of a few things.

1) Has SB been seen to shove fairly light? Do you believe you are ahead of his shoving range here? Are you comfortable if you re-shove and get called and posibly end up taking second place money by default if the SB wins?

2) If you fold, and the shorty wins, you will now both have even stacks. Do you feel you can outplay your opponents in this situation? Are you ok with this result? Would you like to see the shorty bust and play heads-up against a monster stack?

3) Did you 3-bet preflop with any intention of folding in the first place (I hope not)

My verdict? Re-shove.

R

Riemannian man

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The reason why I didn't shove initially, was because (at the time) I didn't think it would be called as is, and thought someone would shove on my squeeze play and allow me to get it in that way. The calling of the shove though made me worry that he had AA/KK, since he had to know this would be enticing me to push after the fact.
I think I way over thought this at the time and probably should have snap called.
Also, I don't believe anyone had really shoved lately, so not sure on their shoving range.