$1.20 NLHE STT: should i have pushe dont the flop.

crikygeorge

crikygeorge

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
$1.20 NL HE STT: should i have pushe dont the flop.

pacific poker NL $300.00 Tournament Texas Hold'em (2 handed)
Hand Converter: Poker Sleuth Software
Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with 4 9
SB calls $300, Hero checks

Flop: 2 9♠ 4 ($600, 2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets $300, Hero calls $300

Turn: 2♠ ($1200, 2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets $300, Hero calls $300

River: 6 ($1800, 2 players)
Hero bets $2100, SB goes all-in to $2000

Final pot: $5900

Hero: ($9100)
SB: ($2900)

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise turn, or go for check raise on river, which is risky as he may not bet.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise turn, or go for check raise on river, which is risky as he may not bet.
You realize that on the turn, all his over pairs have us beaten. Not saying he has an over pair super often, but fish at these stakes deffo limp aces in this spot a lot.

I probably just donk the flop. Relying on a fish who limped pre to bet for us isn't exactly a given, and I'd like to bloat the pot ASAP if he's got something he wants to stack off with.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You realize that on the turn, all his over pairs have us beaten. Not saying he has an over pair super often, but fish at these stakes deffo limp aces in this spot a lot.

I probably just donk the flop. Relying on a fish who limped pre to bet for us isn't exactly a given, and I'd like to bloat the pot ASAP if he's got something he wants to stack off with.

Ooops, didnt notice that. as you mention though i don't really think they have overpairs often, but anything from 10's+ are most certainly in their range, but i'd say that the number of total utter junk and spazzy hands certainly outweighs that.

Yeah i like donking the flop, unless the guy has shown to be betting flops. Is check raising the flop a little too strong? i guess if they have a hand they will stack regardless..

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah i like donking the flop, unless the guy has shown to be betting flops. Is check raising the flop a little too strong? i guess if they have a hand they will stack regardless..
There's just not a lot they can have that stacks compared to how much air the fish is betting, right?

Of course, I may be thinking about this all wrong, and we should just CRAI the flop and watch the fish call with KQo. But if I checked the flop and though this guy was bluffy, I'd just let him barrel it out.

So IDK. Given the stakes, I'd kinda just want to play straight forwardly. Hence why I'm leaning towards a bet/shove line. But super low stakes SnG's aren't exactly my area of expertise...

EDIT - I also wanted to say that 20% rake is ridiculous as shit.