$1.20 NLHE STT: Playing Axs IP, SS

Clambake420

Clambake420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So how bad was this raise. The 2 blinds were playing fairly tight, was able to steal a few orbits from them. This raise commits a decent percentage of my stack and before raising i even told myself im probably folding to a shove. But i dont know if this shove is a re-steal attempt or a legit hand. I don't have a huge read on villain but i had a good feeling he was a tight/agg style player. So am i shoving this spot, folding, or calling shove? And what hands, aside from premiums, do you like to raise/shove in these spots? I have been playing a terrible game so im just trying to get it back on track towards better progress.

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.2 Tournament, 75/150 Blinds (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB (t2290)
UTG (t3735)
MP (t3940)
Hero (Button) (t1585)
SB (t1950)

Hero's M: 7.04

Preflop: Hero is Button with
2d.gif
ad.gif

2 folds, Hero bets t400, SB raises to t1950 (All-In), 1 folds,Hero?

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
open shove 8 days a week, never just raise in this spot unless you're trying to induce. otherwise it's shove or fold. as played i don't think we can fold, we're getting almost three to one i think so while calling isn't the ideal result, folding is basically out of the question.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you probably shouldnt really be looking to steal with short stack at the table...either shove or dont play it at all, but at this point a shove is probably the better play

Clambake420

Clambake420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea this is what i thought, i even had the slider all the way over but then i scared myself out of shoving so i went with a smaller bet, haha this is the dumb stuff ive been doing. Either shoving way to often in terrible spots or playing scared money and not shoving enough.