$1.20 NLHE: $1$ NLHE: What would you do here? 18 man sng early stages

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1.20 NL HE: $1$ NL HE: What would you do here? 18 man sng early stages

pokerstars Game #26017929788: Tournament #148358867, $1.00+$0.20 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2009/03/16 7:24:45 ET

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Mr Mc1 [As 9s]
paixonite: calls 20
mara9786: calls 20
claudius41: folds
prozent888: folds
countrydoc15: calls 20
Mr Mc1: calls 20
mongar2: folds
vadim977: calls 10
peterkila: checks
*** FLOP *** [5c Js Ks]
vadim977: checks
peterkila: checks
paixonite: bets 40
mara9786: calls 40
countrydoc15: calls 40
Mr Mc1: calls 40
vadim977: calls 40
peterkila: folds
*** TURN *** [5c Js Ks] [Tc]
paixonite: bets 40
mara9786: calls 40
countrydoc15: raises 160 to 200
Mr Mc1: calls 200
vadim977: calls 200
paixonite: folds
mara9786: folds
*** RIVER *** [5c Js Ks Tc] 5♠
countrydoc15: bets 1120

Just would like to know what people would do here? Early in game no reads on villan..........

How do I convert my hands just for future posts? Nevermind I did that old fashioned looking thing, I shall convert my hand in the future.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ye, he can have a boat, but you can't fold. You have to move AI or call, unless you have a read on him saying he's the ultimative Rock. I would move all in, and be happy even if I did lose. He can have boat, set(s), straight, pair(s) and 0, You have a strong hand that beat most of what he have.

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't fold this in a SnG. We hit so irrelevent of whether his pocket tens made a boat, which looks a strong possibility, we have to ship the sherbert seeing how much of our stack is in and that it is not a certainty he filled up by any stretch.

He makes this move with quite a few hands we beat, e.g. A5, AQ, JT, KT, a worse flush maybe with the ten of spades. It certainly seems that turn hit him and I would say his TT either filled up or he hit his straight or two pair and is scared shoving the river. No matter though we just have to call this in a SnG.

R

Riedel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two people call him on the turn, on a flushy board. I doubt he'd be betting 1100+ into the pot knowing atleast one of the others had a flush if he had none. I also doubt he'd limp with pocket 10s or better. I think he has a lesser flush or a lame hand like K5 and now realizes someone's going broke.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok now some more information,

vadim977: calls 1240 and is all-in
countrydoc15: calls 120 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Mr Mc1: shows [As 9s] (a flush, Ace high)
vadim977: shows [Kh 5h] (a full house, Fives full of Kings)
countrydoc15: shows [5d Kd] (a full house, Fives full of Kings)
vadim977 collected 2360 from pot
countrydoc15 collected 2360 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4720 | Rake 0
Board [5c Js Ks Tc 5s]
Seat 1: mongar2 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: vadim977 (small blind) showed [Kh 5h] and won (2360) with a full house, Fives full of Kings
Seat 3: peterkila (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 4: paixonite folded on the Turn
Seat 5: mara9786 folded on the Turn
Seat 6: claudius41 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: prozent888 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: countrydoc15 showed [5d Kd] and won (2360) with a full house, Fives full of Kings
Seat 9: Mr Mc1 showed [As 9s] and lost with a flush, Ace high

The reason I posted this is because I just tilted 10 dollors off, and I wanted to know if this was a tilt call?

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only questionable part is the turn if you ask me. When the raise comes in we can maybe fold. Once we call though the river is totally fine.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only questionable part is the turn if you ask me. When the raise comes in we can maybe fold. Once we call though the river is totally fine.

Tbh I would usally fold there thinking about it so I guess it was a tilt call, fact was it was early stages of the game and I play to survive early and get more aggresive when blinds go up and/or I have some information on a player.

Thanks all this has helped me come to see a few things and feel like I have stopped the tilt lol just came 1st in a nine man, but past few weeks it seems like Im grinding slowly up then tilting money off in one day. Something I need to work on,

Do you think I should have re raised the turn to see where i was?

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tbh I would usally fold there thinking about it so I guess it was a tilt call, fact was it was early stages of the game and I play to survive early and get more aggresive when blinds go up and/or I have some information on a player.

Thanks all this has helped me come to see a few things and feel like I have stopped the tilt lol just came 1st in a nine man, but past few weeks it seems like Im grinding slowly up then tilting money off in one day. Something I need to work on,

Do you think I should have re raised the turn to see where i was?

I have been having a bad run myself at SnGs, nothing we can do. Just be properly BR'd and stay confident while going over your game, always looking to improve.

Nah, should only call the turn. The call is actually fine. Raising we are going to get called no question and we will be a huge dog. We just want to see the river cheap.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play these regularly, actually the only SnG's I play to increase my BR.
I for one would have folded this preflop, some may ask why, and I would just say I'm a nit who cashes about 50% of the SnG's I play.

As played though, I would have folded to the turn raise as there is a possible made straight and the only way you can possibly win at this point is to river a flush and I personally would not risk it with only one card to come.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would complain about the rake being unbeatably high