$1.15 NLHE STT Turbo: $$1.15 NLHE STT Turbo: AK in the big blind

B

BobGG

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The blinds are 10/20. I'm in the big blind with AK. There are 5 limpers. I'm in early position so if I raise, get a couple of callers and miss the flop, I'm faced with a difficult decision. My solution was to shove. When I did everyone folded.
How would you play it?

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 5 to flop and AK I generally play fit ot fold post-flop.

calicard

calicard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same way

The blinds are 10/20. I'm in the big blind with AK. There are 5 limpers. I'm in early position so if I raise, get a couple of callers and miss the flop, I'm faced with a difficult decision. My solution was to shove. When I did everyone folded.
How would you play it?

At that level shove same as you did. When you raise early (early I mean when blinds are still 10 20 and people have chips to gamble at a 10 time BB raise that is only 200 chips players will call that no problem with anything) in a low buy tourney it is like sending out invitations to a party. No one folds the chance of your AK being good with 5 callers is slim to none. Surprised you did not get a call with the all in with some bs hand

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At that level shove same as you did. When you raise early (early I mean when blinds are still 10 20 and people have chips to gamble at a 10 time BB raise that is only 200 chips players will call that no problem with anything) in a low buy tourney it is like sending out invitations to a party. No one folds the chance of your AK being good with 5 callers is slim to none. Surprised you did not get a call with the all in with some bs hand

raise 250, if you get 5 callers bad luck, but more often you will take it down pre or get 1 or 2 callers, you can also shove on flops if you think they fold enough to make it profitable, and value bet if A or K comes on flop. Shoving pre is a great way to earn the minimum

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like checking the most, shoving the second most and raising the least.