$1.10 NLHE STT Turbo: $$1.10 NLHE STT Turbo: How do you get away from Flush over Flush on the flop?

F

FlopDaNutz93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1.10 NLHE STT Turbo: $$1.10 NLHE STT Turbo: How do you get away from Flush over Flush on the flop?

Okay, so it's the 2nd hand of a $1.10 turbo SnG, I'm in the CO with KJ of spades, one guy limps, it's folded around to me and I decide to limp in as well since the blinds are only 5 and 10, and both villian and I have exactly 1500. Villian in the BB checks.

Flop is Q 8 3 all spades, so I flop the 2nd nut flush. Since the button folded I'm first to act, and I check my flush out of position. Villian puts out a bet of 80, twice the pot. UTG limper calls, and I decide to flat call as well, slowplaying. Turn is a 9c, I check again, this time Villian puts out a pot bet of 280. Limper folds, I decide to min-raise hoping that he at least hit the queen, maybe more. He 3-bets me, I shove all in, and he snap calls with...A10 of spades. I was drawing completely dead since the flop.

Should I have folded my KJ suited preflop, even with no raise ahead of me? How am I supposed to get away from the 2nd nut flush on the flop when the turn doesn't at all threaten my hand? What was I supposed to do there to avoid going bust?

Last edited:
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seems alright. Probably wouldn't reccommend it though, raising would be more profitable, but at 5/10 it's a pretty cheap limp with a hand that's ok postflop, you just have to remember to use your position and pot control when you flop something like middle/top pair.

You cannot fold second nut flush. The only thought process postflop is "how do i get the most amount of money in here".

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Were you willing to get it all in against his calling range? If so, where's the problem? He had the top of that range. It happens.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd look at it this way: when you limp in with KJs, flopping the second nut flush is pretty close to a perfect outcome. If you're then going to second guess yourself and try to find ways to fold that hand, then you definitely shouldn't be limping it in the first place.

FWIW I'm absolutely getting my money in and going broke in this spot.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what happened in this hand?

standard comments incoming..

raise pre.

flatting flops ok since its unlikely we're going to be outdrawn, but when he overbets pot and we want to get 150bb into a limped pot raising the flops going to get us his stack more often when its not nut flush vs 2nd nut flush.

raise turn bigger, min raises are for fish.. we want value from our hand right?

..and no, i'm not folding the 2nd nut flush in a $1 sng, people are stacking so much worse here, you made the right call even if you got there haphazardly.

coolers gonna cooler, unlucky.

F

Fanch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I 've played quite a few super turbo sngs on Bovada, and I personally could not get away from that hand with the board and circumstances you desribe. For the main reason that generally speaking, they wouldve played any flush or 2 pr , set the same way as the nuts at this level . Best wishes !!

JAE1957

JAE1957

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good play

you just got beat. Sounds like your stategy was sound. No shame in that it is poker.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
def not getting away from this but I do have a question.

If you are in the CO and the button folds how are you acting first? Sure you werent in the SB?

If you were in the SB I absolutely think limping behind is the right play pre.

Full Flush Poker