$1.10 NLHE STT: Slowplayed by LAGFish?

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please review my hand. Villian is by definition a LAG fish, complete with river bet all in bluffs and all that. He has min raised several buttons, so he could have almost any 2 cards. I flat called pre, b/c I'd rather not play a large pot OOP. (Thoughts?)

Min-betting on the flop is... weird. At the time I immediately suspected a 5; I hadn't seen him min bet the whole time. I almost considered folding, but looking at the numbers, I thought I was just nitting it up, so I call. (Is folding there ever good?)

He checks behind on turn, so I think maybe he has given up. But thats not too likely since he only min bet on the flop- he may not want to bet a 10 or 5 after a "scare" card.

His raise on the River is where a fold should be considered. It is sized like a value bet (although I know he just clicked "bet pot")

Anyway, any critiques you have are appreciated! Thanks in advance!

No Limit Hold'em Tournament T40/T80
Buy-in: Regular - $1.10
Merge Network
5 players

Stacks:
UTG - UTG (T2,505)
CO - CO (T935)
BTN - BTN (T4,873)
SB - SB (T2,745)
BB - Hero (T2,442)

Preflop: (T120, 5 players) Hero is BB with Q♠ K♣
2 folds, BTN raises to T160, 1 fold, Hero calls T80

Flop: T♦ 5♥ 5♣ (T360, 2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets T80, Hero calls T80

Turn: K♦ (T520, 2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: 6♠ (T520, 2 players)
Hero bets T260, BTN raises to T780, Hero calls T520

Total Pot: T2,080

Last edited:
warturtle7

warturtle7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think since you underplayed your hand it is fine to call the river raise.
Also your river bet looks like you are just trying to steal the pot away from him.
His range for doing this is in my opinion is a slowplayed 5 or complete air, plus i think he would just call if he had a 10 or a 6

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no hands make sense, have to call because the guy sucks and air and crappy pairs make up the majority of his range.

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this guy had a ten, he most likely would have bet harder on the flop (misclicks aside).

I really don't know how to interpret a min-bet other than the nuts, or perhaps QQ or JJ. It seems like it was intended to induce a reraise. Should I have done so? It may save some money in the hand if I'm beat. Though, since I'm folding if he shoves and I'm not comfortable if he just calls, perhaps I can just eliminate this play.

And then how should I take his play style into consideration? He has shoved flop with second pair and other crazy maniac stuff. So not over betting shows considerable strength. Or, is that not the right way to interpret this? Should my instincts ever come into play here?