T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am getting pretty short here after major card-deadness and finally wake up with my best hand in like the last 16. Chip leader opens UTG and I know he's light and I intend to shove here until there's a 3bet and a non-all in 4bet. Folding is correct right? CO VPIP is 30.9% but a 4bet? He's bound to have something, I think. KJ is probably way behind.

Sometimes ya just gotta fold, I guess. Been having some lousy luck lately!

NL Holdem $1+$0.10 (300.00BB)
HERO ($5000)
UTG ($37740)
EP ($5495)
MP ($5830)
HJ ($11504)
CO ($13084)
BTN ($19419)
SB ($4350)

Dealt to Hero: K J

UTG Raises To $785, EP Folds, MP Folds, HJ Raises To $2285, CO Raises To $3785, BTN Folds, SB Folds, HERO Folds, UTG Folds, HJ Folds

CO wins: $5980

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a very easy fold as you have already mentioned. I know you have a read/thought on UTG but I am not even very excited about jamming 16 BBs there against an UTG raise. Then when HJ 3 bets I definitely would be pitching the hand and then add on a cold 4 from CO and this is one of the easier folds you will ever make. Not sure how much you actually thought about jamming this in game but don't see how its a thought.

What is CO's cold 4 bet range there and how does KJ off look against it? Would CO be 4 betting K10, QJ, Q10 type hands? Get a big enough player pool and yes, you will find some who will do this when extremely deep stacked but not here and not in a $1.10 buy in unless they just truly dont care. Plus we havent mentioned the 3 bettor or the UTG raiser. KJ off is just nothing here and really shouldnt have even crossed your mind as a jam here.

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Nope. Never thought about it but always like to hear I did the right thing at the right time. Thanks HP

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even against just an UTG open, KJo is usually a fold. And when someone has put in a 3-bet, even AQ is normally a fold, when we are not yet involved in the action. When there is also a 4-bet, even AK is usually a fold, because almost always at least someone has a big pocket pair, and even if its QQ or JJ, AK is still behind. And there is a risk, we end up going 3-ways against QQ/JJ and another AK, which is a really bad situation for both players with AK. Just because, we have been card dead, does not mean, we should look to widen our range dramatically ;)

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Part of the +EV of shoving with AK is that the majority of the time the raiser will fold. After a 3 bet and a 4 bet you know at least one of them is calling. At best you would have a coin flip as fundiver said.

I concur that KJ is an easy fold here, and an easy fold in many situations to a raise.

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Even against just an UTG open, KJo is usually a fold. And when someone has put in a 3-bet, even AQ is normally a fold, when we are not yet involved in the action. When there is also a 4-bet, even AK is usually a fold, because almost always at least someone has a big pocket pair, and even if its QQ or JJ, AK is still behind. And there is a risk, we end up going 3-ways against QQ/JJ and another AK, which is a really bad situation for both players with AK. Just because, we have been card dead, does not mean, we should look to widen our range dramatically ;)

You are absolutely correct! Thanks for all the advice you provide.