$1.10 NLHE MTT Rebuy: Just to be sure..

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did I mis-play this hand, or did I just get drawn out on? I have KQ off in and limp it. Flop comes JQ3 rainbow, I was first to act and went ahead and pushed all in. I didn't see any reason to slow play by checking or value betting since there was a straight draw out there and there was already 1000+ in the pot and all I had left was 5000+ in chips. One guy calls with K10 off, he turned a 9 for a straight. That guy had 10000+ in chips before he called my all in, I couldn't get over he would risk half stack almost on a up and down straight draw.

Attachments

• gayyy.jpg
    gayyy.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 22
c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you not like how I limped or the fact that it was KQ?
Since you seem serious, the fact that you limped. KQ is a fine hand.

Limping when your stack is 18 big blinds (or any time for that matter) is pretty horrible.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't want to raise because I didn't want to get re-raised, plus I wanted to see a flop for a cheap because if I don't hit nothing I want get out without being pot committed.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was the limp, not the shove that got you in trouble.
You telegraphed that pair of queens which gives him 11 outs instead of 8, putting his win at 42% instead of 32%. You gave him another 10% to work with which may have been a factor.
And what we don't know is what he knew about your play that would cause him to not take you very seriously. Review previous hands where he was at the table and see what he saw. He could have already predetermined he wanted some of you when you made a move.
or he was just a donk and got lucky.