• Thread starter Creepy Jackalope
  • Start date
Creepy Jackalope

Creepy Jackalope

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've started to play these Rush OD tourney's just in the past couple of days. Took me a little while to acclimate to them, but I'm starting to get a feel for them now.

I cashed in a couple today, and made a final table in one tonight. It was a smaller one, only about 120 people... still nice to get deep.

Anyway, this is the hand that sent me packing.. I've looked it over and I don't see anyway I was going to make it out alive. Small chance he may have folded had I of shoved pre.. ? But am I really wanting to stack off pre with A9?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 1.1 Tournament, 800/1,600 Blinds 200 Ante (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

CO (t7,956)
Button (t38,822)
SB (t29,803)
Hero (BB) (t37,150)
UTG (t48,854)
MP (t12,915)

Hero's M: 10.32

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9
club.gif
, A
club.gif

UTG calls t1,600, 3 folds, SB calls t800, Hero checks

Flop: (t6,000) 8
heart.gif
, A
diamond.gif
, 10
diamond.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t3,500, UTG raises to t7,000, 1 fold, Hero calls t3,500

Turn: (t20,000) A
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets t14,000, UTG raises to t28,000, Hero raises to t28,350 (All-In), UTG calls t350

River: (t76,700) 7
spade.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t76,700

Results below:
Hero had 9
club.gif
, A
club.gif
(three of a kind, Aces).
UTG had 10
club.gif
, A
heart.gif
(full house, Aces over tens).
Outcome: UTG won t76,700

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tough call here, A-9s is a good hand, speculative one, but one is looking here the flush or maybe something with the nine, but then and ace appears in flop with and one hits a top pair, but the kicker is not good enough, actually losing with six aces (A-A, A-K, A-Q, A-J, A-T, A-8) and even with one ace (A-9), just ahead of six aces, but also losing against 8-8 and T-T,
erasing any bluff here, is a tough call since it looks there are more hands that beat yours than the ones that are behind, so next time, just my opinion, one could be more cautious

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The important question isn't whether you could have survived, but rather if you made the best possible decision at each point. This involves asking what actions were worth considering each time it was your turn to act.

For instance, the only pre-flop alternative you mention is shoving. What about raising? While it can be opponent-dependent, I think raising would usually be better than shoving.

I

invisile

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont like that donk betting. this is a hand i would like just check call flop, because i think UTG would bet that flop after blinds checked like almost everytime. That how we can get him more bluffing, because we dont have many aces on our range when we checked pre.

Creepy Jackalope

Creepy Jackalope

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The important question isn't whether you could have survived, but rather if you made the best possible decision at each point. This involves asking what actions were worth considering each time it was your turn to act.

For instance, the only pre-flop alternative you mention is shoving. What about raising? While it can be opponent-dependent, I think raising would usually be better than shoving.

Point taken.

With that UTG limp should I not be concerned he is trying to induce a raise? I guess though I could safely fold in that event. Would have been a better result than this one!

Creepy Jackalope

Creepy Jackalope

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont like that donk betting. this is a hand i would like just check call flop, because i think UTG would bet that flop after blinds checked like almost everytime. That how we can get him more bluffing, because we dont have many aces on our range when we checked pre.

In a limped pot with two flush cards, 2 broadways, and that 8-10 gapped, I wasn't feeling like letting free cards come. 1 pair of Aces with 9 kicker is pretty vulnerable no?

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Point taken.

With that UTG limp should I not be concerned he is trying to induce a raise? I guess though I could safely fold in that event. Would have been a better result than this one!
You should be aware of the possibility he limped a premium hand looking to get raised, but should also ask yourself how often that happens compared to people limping, even from UTG, with modest hands like mid- and suited A, mid and small pockets, suited connectors, etc.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands