$1.10 NLHE MTT: 77 with low flop

S

sweepnet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian is 54/o over 8 hands here. I didnt realize how near the beginning of the tournament this was until I reviewed it. Normally I wouldnt be so agressive on this hand, but was getting frustrated, so am a little on tilt. I have been getting knocked out on better hands, so was wanting to just take this down. Guess my question also is what the villian did correct. Should I be doing this. I know we dont normally reveal results earlier, but I see this so often, and think it is wrong, but want to be sure. He had A4, and hit the straight on the river, after going All In.

(9 players)
Hand Converter Tool from CardsChat.com
SB Hero: $1,200
BB: $1,435
UTG: $1,440
MP: $1,450
MP+1: $2,960
MP+2: $1,360
LP: $1,795
CO: $2,055
BTN: $2,665
Pre-flop: ($45) Hero is SB and dealt :7h4: :7c4:
UTG raises $60, MP calls $60, 2 folds, LP calls $60, CO calls $60, BTN folds, Hero calls $45, BB calls $30
Flop: ($360) :2c4: :6h4: :3s4: (6 players)
Hero bets $150, 4 folds, CO calls $150
Turn: ($660) :2c4: :6h4: :3s4: :3h4: (2 players)
Hero bets $990 (All-in), CO calls $990
River: ($2,640) :2c4: :6h4: :3s4: :3h4: :5h4: (2 players)

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only thing I know for sure is villian did nothing right in that hand except preflop if it was sooted. If not then he did nothing right.

On previous hands was he calling people down postflop with garbage or weak draws?

Oh yeah, how many player tourney?

Is it a huge multi entry or on demand or.....? If it's a big tourney I would be more likely to take chances. Not a huge sample but seems weak to limp 4/8 hands. I think it was fine as played based on info given. I am not a great MTT player though so might wait for a few more replies before patting self on back ;).

BTW why isn't villians VPIP 50 since there are only 8 hands on him?

Last edited:
S

sweepnet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope, he had A4o, it was a 90 person Sng

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only thing I know for sure is the other person played poorly. I'm not quite sure if you should take this big of a chance early in this small of a tourney. Even bad players can get good cards and there is plenty of time to pick up chips. He would easily stack off with 88+ and most fish will fold if they don't hit flop at all and don't have PP.

Unless you have seen him call the flop and fold to turn bet you have little fold equity if he has anything. Over half of what he will call with will have you crushed. Then again like I said I'm not to good at MTT's and would wait for others to chime in.

S

sweepnet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players call smaller bets all the time with 2 overcards, even big bets. That is what I figured I was trying to push him off of. I figured if he had a bigger pair he would have been betting big himself.
Normally I wouldnt bet this agressive this early but I was a little on tilt. Just took a couple bad beats. This one didnt help lol