Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Currency
$
Hi forum,

Just wanting to get some feedback on this hand I played. I forgot to take a screen, so will write it down.

The game is a TM builder on BOL. Payout is flat, $11 for top 3. We're on the bubble with 4 players left.

We had a maniac on the table before who jammed every hand because he wanted to leave but making a deal isn't allowed in those games, LOL.

Since I got nothing to call, I just kept on folding. But blinded down to 6-7 BBs. There was another player slightly shorter than me with around 5-6 BBs. The other two had around 30 bigs.

So my question is:
How does my shoving range change because payout is flat and there's a slightly shorter stack?

I get 77 in UTG and decide to jam, BB calls with an Ax and I bust. What that decision wrong? I don't have much stack left for the other shorty to bust. But do I need to jam tighter? 🤔

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a very interesting one, and since I am not a satellite expert, I dont know the answer right away. So I put the situation into ICMizer, and the result was actually very interesting. In standard mode, where the program only look at the current hand, your jamming range, assuming you are first to act, and the short stack is second to act, hardly change between a normal MTT and this satellite bubble, which is, what it essentially is. They are both 21-22% of hands, which include any pair, so 77 is certainly a good jam in a normal MTT and also on a satellite bubble.

However the interesting part is, that when I put the program into FGS mode, which mean future game simulation, and select the maximum of 5 hands, now you are actually supposed to jam any two cards in the satellite, and the players behind are supposed to call off a bit tighter. Which makes sense, because for the two big stacks, they really have nothing to gain by calling you. They are already comfortably set to cruise into the money, but if they call and lose, now suddenly they are at least at some risk of not cashing. And most likely, this is, what the FGS mode catches. You could consider asking this one to CCs resident satellite expert in his ask me anything thread: