$1.05 NL HE MTT: Confused on this one. How would you play it?

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Currency
$
Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD 2 Poker HUD and Database Software

Maybe I should just raise Pre-Flop here? I am trying to balance my calling range from the SB but maybe I shouldn't be doing that in a micro tourney?
I am chip leader at this table.

I think calling the Flop was pretty standard here. When he jams the Turn, what is the range here? I think an overpair would have raised PF unless he slow played it to get the Blinds to come along. Did he limp AT KT QT JT or some other T? That probably makes the most sense but what jam with such a strong hand if I called on the flop?

Really confused. I just couldn't pull the trigger for ~30% of my stack with only a small pair.

HELP!

NL Holdem $0.95+$0.10 (2200.00BB)
EP (22.3BBs)
MP (22.9BBs)
HJ (23.7BBs)
CO (93BBs)
BTN (19.1BBs) [VPIP: 31.3% | PFR: 12.5% | AGG: 28.6% | Hands: 17]
HERO (56.6BBs)
BB (22.7BBs)
[VPIP: 45.5% | PFR: 5.1% | AGG: 19.2% | Hands: 156]
UTG (43.5BBs)

Dealt to Hero: A 6

UTG Folds, EP Folds, MP Folds, HJ Folds, CO Folds, BTN Calls 1BBs, HERO Calls 0.5BBs, BB Checks

Hero SPR on Flop: [4.44 effective]
Flop (4BBs): 6 T T
HERO Checks, BB Checks, BTN Bets 2BBs (Rem. Stack: 15.9BBs), HERO Calls 2BBs (Rem. Stack: 53.4BBs), BB Folds

Turn (8.1BBs): 6 T T 5
HERO Checks, BTN Bets 15.9BBs (allin), HERO Folds

BTN wins: 8.1BBs

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
They are to deep for you to jam but also so shallow, that you create a very low SPR pot, if you raise small and someone call. Then you are out of position in a bloated bot with A6, and thats not something, I am excited about at all. So I would also just complete here and keep the pot small, even though it allow BB to realise his equity for free.

Flop
I would make a small bet here for value and protection. You stand to have the best hand among this group of 3 hands in a limped pot, but between them they can have as many as 12 outs to a random overcard. Like maybe BTN has K9, and BB has Q7, or whatever it is. Those hand have to fold, if you lead out, but if you check, they can check back, and it will be very difficult for you to get to showdown with a small pair. Of course you could be drawing dead to someone with a T, but its very unlikely, someone has that, when we see two of them on the table. Of course they will sometimes, but far more often they dont. As played an easy check-call.

Turn
This was a good card for you, because it did not help him, unless he has exactly 55. His big sizing is for sure scary, but he dont do this with a boat, or at least it makes no sense at all. So this is either a T playing scared or a bluff. And a bit like in some of the donk betting hands, I shared, I am kind of asking myself, if he would be so fast to shut you out, if he actually had trips? Yes there is a flushdraw now, but is he really that scared of that? Maybe. But I think, its more likely, he has a hand, which picked up some kind of equity, and now he wants you to fold. Like maybe 98 or K4 of spades, or something like that. So I understand, why you folded, but I probably call here against most opponents.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD 2 Poker HUD and Database Software

Maybe I should just raise Pre-Flop here? I am trying to balance my calling range from the SB but maybe I shouldn't be doing that in a micro tourney?
I am chip leader at this table.

I think calling the Flop was pretty standard here. When he jams the Turn, what is the range here? I think an overpair would have raised PF unless he slow played it to get the Blinds to come along. Did he limp AT KT QT JT or some other T? That probably makes the most sense but what jam with such a strong hand if I called on the flop?

Really confused. I just couldn't pull the trigger for ~30% of my stack with only a small pair.

HELP!

NL Holdem $0.95+$0.10 (2200.00BB)
EP (22.3BBs)
MP (22.9BBs)
HJ (23.7BBs)
CO (93BBs)
BTN (19.1BBs) [VPIP: 31.3% | PFR: 12.5% | AGG: 28.6% | Hands: 17]
HERO (56.6BBs)
BB (22.7BBs)
[VPIP: 45.5% | PFR: 5.1% | AGG: 19.2% | Hands: 156]
UTG (43.5BBs)

Dealt to Hero: A 6

UTG Folds, EP Folds, MP Folds, HJ Folds, CO Folds, BTN Calls 1BBs, HERO Calls 0.5BBs, BB Checks

Hero SPR on Flop: [4.44 effective]
Flop (4BBs): 6 T T
HERO Checks, BB Checks, BTN Bets 2BBs (Rem. Stack: 15.9BBs), HERO Calls 2BBs (Rem. Stack: 53.4BBs), BB Folds

Turn (8.1BBs): 6 T T 5
HERO Checks, BTN Bets 15.9BBs (allin), HERO Folds

BTN wins: 8.1BBs
Folding in this spot is fine vs this player type as they do shove some Tx 55 77 the fold is based on FGS vs a weak player who can give us their stack at anytime-- even if they have the flush draw it can be with 2 overs so again not a great spot for you
Vs an AGG BTN and a live BB showing these stats we could min check raise to fold the flop to a shove to pot control the spot or check raise larger to put the BTN's stack in play to deny equity and get max value from weaker 6x

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I like folding on the turn and even pre here. Maybe too nitty with fold pre, but I know if I keep going after the turn 55 or Tx will be some of the things I see, along with slowplayed JJ+ donks.

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Folding in this spot is fine vs this player type as they do shove some Tx 55 77 the fold is based on FGS vs a weak player who can give us their stack at anytime-- even if they have the flush draw it can be with 2 overs so again not a great spot for you
Vs an AGG BTN and a live BB showing these stats we could min check raise to fold the flop to a shove to pot control the spot or check raise larger to put the BTN's stack in play to deny equity and get max value from weaker 6x
FGS?

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre: I think calling is the only option unless you feel BB is some aggro player that will eat your lunch should you just complete. If you know both villains are folders then you could raise here to try to take the blinds and the one BB posted by the button but dont think most limpers here would fold. Plus some limp the button as a changeup (for better or worse) so I think calling is the best play unless we can exploit our opponents here or know they will exploit our call.

Flop: I check here which I am not saying is correct especially against two players but I dont think I will get believed much betting here since a lot of players including myself would think villains would not bet and risk a fold if they had trip 10's so betting here can take the pot for sure but if we get called then we are out of position hating most turn cards that follow. I like checking here to condense the hand and get closer to showdown I know albeit against two villains. Plus there are some villains here that will bet out Ax here on the flop to try and take it down and then once you call shut it down for the rest of the hand. Clear call after we check and face a bet for some reasons I already mentioned. I dont think villain has too many 10x and plays it this way (especially getting two checks to them) and then also if they had a pocket pair like 77+ I would expect them to open it even with their stats. So I feel they are wide here but trailing our 6x almost always.

Turn: I am with Fundiver on this one and I think you are ahead here. I only worry about 55 but are they jamming 55 here when they dont have to and risk a fold? They have nothing to fear when it comes to a flush since they have a boat and if we have anything they would get it from us with two streets of small betting vs 1 big jam. I discount the 10x due to the feeling I have about them betting the flop so I believe this is more of villain thinking "I dont think you have 10x and I can make you fold anything else that you logically would have after only flatting pre other than 55". With that being said its still not easy to put the chips in but you have them covered significantly so this is not for your tournament life. I'm not saying I am always calling here since I do fold too much post flop but if I am on my game and taking the time to think about this hand I think I can find a call here. Obviously could be wrong but we have to go with how we are reading the hand in the moment.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If they don't have the nuts on the turn, why risk their entire stack to try to get a fold? Makes no sense.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Future Game Simulation- It refers to how this action effects future actions in game- So we are folding close spots because the Villains on our table are very weak and are letting us see flops easily therefore we can win vs them when we have high equity spots in hands to come as they are not making us have difficult preflop decisions like aggressive players do. It is the idea behind the bet fold type of play where a solid player would crush us with their range but these type of players lean so heavily to nut only raises that we can bet then over fold to them to stack protect for better spots.
Thus we could lead the TT6 flop and these V type just do not find enough bluffs to force us to call if they raise-

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Future Game Simulation- It refers to how this action effects future actions in game- So we are folding close spots because the Villains on our table are very weak and are letting us see flops easily therefore we can win vs them when we have high equity spots in hands to come as they are not making us have difficult preflop decisions like aggressive players do. It is the idea behind the bet fold type of play where a solid player would crush us with their range but these type of players lean so heavily to nut only raises that we can bet then over fold to them to stack protect for better spots.
Thus we could lead the TT6 flop and these V type just do not find enough bluffs to force us to call if they raise-
Thank you. So something liked Edge Passing where I feel I have an edge on the competition and can pass now for opportunities that will come later?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you. So something liked Edge Passing where I feel I have an edge on the competition and can pass now for opportunities that will come later?
That is one component yes the other is what happens to our relative stack size to table average when we call- in this spot the risk premium is not as high as if we had 40bb to start but losing this does decrease our over all stack leverage on the table. It reduces the number of all-ins vs the 20bb stacks we can face and still have playability- causing us to have a future higher risk premium as the blinds go up- it reduces the risk premium the big stack has versus us as we now have a much smaller % of their stack and depending on what % of the field is left can effect our FT playability--Having even 5 bb less when we get to FT can effect our results. That is of course if the typical FT is short stacked. These data points are what FGS is all about